D-Day in two days' time!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D-Day in two days' time!

... for those who know a bit of WW2 history, no I haven't got all my dates mixed up! D-Day is DUCK day! I'm off to the Rare Breed auction in Dingwall on Saturday and hopefully coming back with a trio of runner ducks

Can't wait! GYO mag did an article about keeping ducks a few months back and I was a bit annoyed at the time 'cos I look forward to the poultry articles and I don't keep ducks. Just as well I saved the magazine, it's a really good article

Dwell simply ~ love richly

Lynda will be well jealous!
    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

she is totally jealous ...... theres nowhere near me that has runner ducks .....want some nowwwwwwwww

btw happy D-Day make sure we get lots of piccies pweasssssse

Comment

Ooo...lucky you Birdie Wife. I'd LOVE a duck, or two, or three, or four!!! LOL

Please, please, please post lots of pictures.

Roll on D-Day!!
        I love to talk about nothing. It's the only thing I know anything about!!

Our Blog - http://chancecottage.blogspot.com/

Comment

Did you manage to get any Birdie??(if you've not left yet & read this before you go then Good Luck!!)Let us know how it went & what you've got!
          the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

yeah quick need piccies to cheer me up pweasssssse

Comment

Aw ! That's lovely Birdie Wife. Ducks are so cute. Can't wait for the pics.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Will post some pics soon but yes, I am now the proud owner of three indian runner ducks. I'll post some pics and maybe we can do a poll for names - I'm at a complete loss with duck names for some reason! They are a bit freaked out by everything at the moment so getting close enough for a pic might be tricky... got a couple of bantam hens too so many lovely things, and I nearly came back with some boreray ewes too the highland calves were gooorgeous...
                Last edited by Birdie Wife; 10-11-2008, 10:41 AM.

Dwell simply ~ love richly

Comment

Yey!!! Fantastic!!
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Congratulation Birdie Wife. And yes, the highland calves are gorgeous - don't know how you managed to resist

Comment

Ooh! so exciting we must see this pictures!

Comment

Well, while we're waiting for the pics of Birdie Wife's ducks, you can see mine.
                        I call them Tad and Tilly and she keeps him well under control.
                        Attached Files

Comment

lol Alice - they're very nice!!!

Comment

I have one like that - only painted pale green. She came from The Duck Company (or something) and was labelled 'My name is Fanny'. We call her Fanny the Wonder Duck!
                            Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Where are the promised pics Birdie Wife?? I'm dying to see them!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X