No announcement yet.

Greens Help

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My ex-batts eat anything I give them and anything else in the garden they can get their beaks into. Couldn't believe it when they ate the fresh horseradish. When I made horseradish sauce it was so hot made my eyes water. I usually only cook the potatoes, anything else they eat raw. They really love satsumas but then I was told they shouldn't have citrus fruit. I think grapes and corn on the cob are the favourites though.

Comment

Silly question why is it bad to give citrus fruits to chickens?
      Peaceful days are in the garden!

Comment

Originally posted by Gardenwitch View Post
        Silly question why is it bad to give citrus fruits to chickens?
        Dunno, mine have a bit of orange occasionally, and a bit of lemon if there's any in the salad stuff that comes with the take-away. Not done them any harm, but I wouldn't overdo any one particular treat anyway.
        My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

I don't know why either. I read it somewhere. I'm just careful now of only giving small amounts of treats. My lot have eaten their way round the garden and nothing seems to have harmed them anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by lynda66 View Post
            well so far my bunny doesn't like pineapple ........ but she loves broccoli plants and carrots and beetroot leaves
            Don't find many pineapples growing on Watership Down Lynda!
            Last edited by Snadger; 17-11-2008, 09:30 PM.
            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by frias View Post
              ........................ Couldn't believe it when they ate the fresh horseradish. When I made horseradish sauce it was so hot made my eyes water.............................
              I'm sure the horseradish flavoured eggs will do wonders for mayonaise!
              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

yeah well the only way mine resembles any off watership down ....... are when the evil ones come out, anyway, i had just skinned a pineapple ...... she might have liked it

Comment

ours love some greens - well I say that they will eat anything but peas - they pick around the peas and eat everything else!!! Picky little monkeys!
                  Best love

Steelsy
                  xxx

www.myspace.com/steelsy

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X