fresh eggs

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fresh eggs

for how long can you call a freshly laid egg fresh ?

what is the shelf life
    my plot march 2013http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvzqRS0_hbQ

hindsight is a wonderful thing but foresight is a whole lot better

ages, longer if you don't keep them in the fridge............ to test the freshness of eggs, get a deep bowl or jug ..... a very fresh egg will sink straight to the bottom, a not as fresh egg will rise slightly and needs eating soon, an off egg will float over half way up up to the top of the water .... if its at or near the top, chuck it.

Comment

Methinks three weeks if not refridgerated!
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

i've had older eggs than that from the supermarket lol ........ eggs last much longer than the best before date ...... honestly i worked in a food testing lab for 5 years and the above is what we worked by, all very scientific this food testing stuff lol ...... oh yeah and we did do a bit of bacteria testing of them too lol
        Last edited by lynda66; 09-11-2008, 07:44 PM.

Comment

By the time all the family have had some I never get the chance to find out how long they keep. I have in the past kept supermarket eggs well over a month and they were still fine.
          As Linda says old eggs will float because they have air in them. I never get to eat boiled eggs now because I can't shell the flippin things due to being so fresh. (no air in to get my spoon under)

Comment

Haha!! Now I know why my chooky eggs are so hard to peel when they've been boiled!
            Hawthorns does this mean you've had some eggs then?
            Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X