silkies incubation question

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• silkies incubation question

ok, so bantam chicks hatch from 18 days, and large fowl from 21 days, ...... now although they come in large fowl and bantam, both types of silkies are smaller than their normal feathered counterparts, .......... so as i have the large fowl type, the eggs are about small supermarket egg sized ........ will they hatch at 18 days, 21 days, or somewhere in between???

Won't the few days at a lower temp have affected them as well? No good asking me though, I'm looking to you for future guidance
    My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

The only answer is to be prepared for 18 days, but be patient if it turns out to be 23ish. If the set-up is all put together, you can switch on the heating when the first one actually hatches, and leave in the incubator until well 'on its feet'. Stop turning them when you start hearing fait cheeping noises as soon as you open the incubator to check.
      Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

damn i'd forgot about the temperature lol ....... i can see the next week is gonna be a verrrrrrry long one

Comment

Oooh, Lynda, I do hope all goes well, I can't wait to see what silkie chicks look like bet they're more than cute. I hope they are all girlies as well
          Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

Can't wait to see these silkies - I'm really excited!!
            I love to talk about nothing. It's the only thing I know anything about!!

Our Blog - http://chancecottage.blogspot.com/

Comment

mee too, but at least i have the bunny now to take my mind off worrying about them too much

Comment

21 i reckon. I have had eggs hatch on day 24 though.

Dwell simply ~ love richly

Comment

well i guess i'll just wait then lol

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X