Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• update on carmen - angela's egg bound hen

hi all

an update on carmen and a thank you to everyone who replied to try and help. rang thorne's in the end, where she came from as she started doing yolky poo. they reckon she had an egg crack inside of her which can be dangerous as toxins can build up, they suggested cider vinegar in the water as there is acid in there that helps with bacteria. thorne's were fantastic, really sympathetic and helpful with advice. anyhow felt so sorry for carmen all hunched up, managed to encourage her to eat some sweetcorn out my hand, i secretly added poultry spice and she perked up!! it seemed the more she pooed the better she became! was almost back to normal by roosting time and looked fine when i shut the pop hole so fingers crossed all of you please that she is okay in morning. thanks again my friends. x

Thanks for letting us know how she's progressing Angelat, fingers crossed she'll be back to her normal self very soon
    My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

Poor little Carmen, here is hoping she'll get well soon. You sound like you're doing everything you can for her!!

Thanks for letting us know, and fingers crossed for you!!
      I love to talk about nothing. It's the only thing I know anything about!!

Our Blog - http://chancecottage.blogspot.com/

Comment

Good vibes to your little hen Angela. Hope all turns out well.
        Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Fingers crossed but I'm sure she will be OK Angela. One of mine was like that last month. Poo looked like scrambled egg. She didn't eat all day but drunk loads. Next day she was fine so hopefully Carmen will be too.

Avril x

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X