No announcement yet.

Demand Outstripping Supply

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, hopefully there's a happy end to my story. Jimmy up the road came to see me with 80p in his hand. He said he had no change but really wanted the eggs seeing as they are sometimes far and few between and are snapped up very quickly.
    Put the box back out yesterday and a bloke who I know was passing with his van and asked if I was at lottie tomorrow......to which I replied 'Can a duck swim'? He also wanted eggs but said he would give me cash today.(Shame it was only a flying visit today and I didn't check my box)
    Dick next door aquired todays eggs and gave me an extra 40p which he said he owed me!
    So now all is well with the chook world!

At this rate I'm going to have to set up a slate!
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

That's good news, kind of restores a little faith in human nature (not that I have a lot, I confess).

My ex-neighbour used to put eggs at the bottom of our lane. All fine for a year or so, then the no eggs, no money scenario, but only in the school holidays - turned out kids visiting relatives locally used to have egg-fights with them. Now he doesn't put them out.

It's a shame, because it's the genuine people who suffer.
      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X