Demand Outstripping Supply

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demand Outstripping Supply

Last Thursday we put up a couple of signs outside the house "Happy Hens" Free Range Eggs. We have a huge polystyrene box in the drive and it's self service - We've sold out every day and I need one more egg today to put us back in stock Nicos can you pop over and give 'em a song pleeeeeeaaassse

This was set up so the girls pay for their own keep. They've paid for their next wag of pellets already and are paying back bits of the set up costs already

I need more girls - quick........
    Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Wag - no bag
    Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

Comment

I'm the same!!

I could sell all my eggs twice over and still get requests for them

We're planning on more girls in the new year (and by then the ducks will have started laying too!)

Comment

Picking up 12 whites from Coventry rescue on 20th Dec , not soon enough though
        Hayley B

Comment

I know what you mean. I have requests from two people for a dozen a week - sadly only Flymo is laying just now so barely enough for the family. Mind you, there was a speckled egg in the nest box today so not sure if one of the Australorp girls have decided to do their job! Must get more hens - want to have at least a dozen (hoping for a shed for crimbo for them to live in)
          Happy Gardening,
          Shirley

Comment

Originally posted by HayleyB View Post
            Nicos can you pop over and give 'em a song pleeeeeeaaassse
            I can do it from here if you wish....HighC sharp or high B minor??? ( both will be flat anyway)

How lovely to be producing too many eggs!!
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Sorry to put a negative spin on the thread but I have had a box at the allotments for about 2 months with an honesty box. This evening is the first evening I've visited the allotments and the eggs have gone.........but no money was left!
              I've took the box inside tonight even though I have a feeling it's someone who just had no change and was going to pay tomorrow!
              I'll probably put it back tomorrow night...........I was just SOOOOOO annoyed this evening!

Here's mine!
              Attached Files
              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

In the summer I was selling quite a lot, and I now have a few diappointed colleagues now that they are off lay for the winter. Some didn't even realise hens do go off lay.
                Kirsty b xx

Comment

Most of my ex-batts have gone off lay too, only 1 or 2 a day from them, but the Bluebelles and the Black Stars are all laying now, still tiny eggs but it's still quality
                  My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                    Sorry to put a negative spin on the thread but I have had a box at the allotments for about 2 months with an honesty box. This evening is the first evening I've visited the allotments and the eggs have gone.........but no money was left!
                    I've took the box inside tonight even though I have a feeling it's someone who just had no change and was going to pay tomorrow!
                    I'll probably put it back tomorrow night...........I was just SOOOOOO annoyed this evening!

Here's mine!

Blimey Snadger, that's cheap too. I sold some at the car boot for a £1 for 6. Wouldn't put any at the gate as I sold toms and plants in the summer and had a plant taken. Only have 6 hens so only enough for family now. Although had 3 or 4 eggs every day this week. Hope you get your money.

Comment

Originally posted by frias View Post
                      Blimey Snadger, that's cheap too...................
                      Thats whats annoying! It's not as if I'm charging the earth for them. I'm still getting between 6 and 8 eggs a day though and as I said, I'll probably put the box back tonight to se what happens!
                      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Wow Snadger that's a flash box - well posh - I'm impressed can you make me one

I'm selling £1 for 6, sold out every day so far, even had one lady who only had 80p who drove back later in the day and I found the 20p in the bowl with a little note.

Honesty hasn't been an issue as yet, mind you I think the difference is that people actually have to come through the gates to get to the box. I will be selling veggies next year the same way.

Good luck with putting the box out tonight Snadge
                        Hayley B

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post

Here's mine!
                          Be thankful it was only eggs - some b.....d stole my hens from my allotment last year!

Comment

That's terrible. I don't know what else to say really. Is nothing sacred.

Comment

the eggs have gone.........but no money was left

I used to put a bucket on my doorstep with wonderful bunches of flowers in it ... 3 for a quid.
                              The little old ladies used to love it, and asked me to do more.
                              Then somebody started helping themselves for free, so I had to give it up.
                              Last edited by Two_Sheds; 30-11-2008, 06:10 PM.
                              All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X