Greased chooks legs!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Suechooks View Post
    You can get Frontline online - Vet Medics. It came off prescription some time ago. It's also available at Pets at Home and Country Store in my town so probably large pet shop chains and agricultural stores wherever you are

I'll have anotherlook then, but it was definatley on prescription about 4 weeks ago. I couldn't even get it online without the vet writing out a script! My friend tried to ge it from a shop and they have stopped doing it! It's annoying cos even ruddy Sainsbury's sells the spot on stuff!!!

Comment

The online shops might not have caught up to the fact it's off prescription yet - I think it came off only a few months ago, but it's definitely off. Tell your vet they are behind the times too!

The spot-on stuff has a much stronger % of the active ingredient (can't remember precisely what it is/how much) and definitely should not be used on chickens.

Dwell simply ~ love richly

Comment

Frontline Spray 100ml-NEEDS A PRESCRIPTION from Vet-Medic
        On here it says it will only be sent once a prescription is recieved!
        I will call into Pets at home tonight, hopefully they will have some!
        Last edited by Noodle; 02-12-2008, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Noodle View Post
          I'll have anotherlook then, but it was definatley on prescription about 4 weeks ago. I couldn't even get it online without the vet writing out a script! My friend tried to ge it from a shop and they have stopped doing it! It's annoying cos even ruddy Sainsbury's sells the spot on stuff!!!
          I've looked on line at several other pharmacies but they all want a script for the spray but not the spot on. Makes no sense really. Maybe you could dilute it down and spray it on with hand spray? Don't know the difference in dilution though. Will look in Country store tomorrow and let you know. I've been buying the Spot-on online for a couple of years if not longer.

Comment

pets at home only do the spot on, you still need a script there for the spray

Comment

Well sorry Noodle but Countrywide Farmers don't do the spray at all! I'll have a word with my vet next time I go there (not for a while I hope!) and see what he says about diluting the spot-on. I did read on PPF that someone had been advised by their vet to put one drop under each wing of the spot-on as even though it's not licensed for chooks there are no contraindications. I'd want to check it with my own vet or one who was "poultry friendly" before I tried it. Sorry to get nowhere!

Comment

Are we talking about frontline cat or dog spot on here folks??
                Is it the same concentration but more for a dog cos they're bigger???? ( well...some are...but others are as small as cats)
                Prevention better than cure says me
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

We are talking about the same stuff as for cats and dogs. It's not liscenced for chickens, but lots of people seem to use it successfully.
                  I agree that prevention is better than cure, but I rescued this bantam and she already had it, so not much I could do about it! I'll stick with waht I'm doing as although it's a pain, it does seem to be working.

Comment

Originally posted by Suechooks View Post
                    Well sorry Noodle but Countrywide Farmers don't do the spray at all! I'll have a word with my vet next time I go there (not for a while I hope!) and see what he says about diluting the spot-on. I did read on PPF that someone had been advised by their vet to put one drop under each wing of the spot-on as even though it's not licensed for chooks there are no contraindications. I'd want to check it with my own vet or one who was "poultry friendly" before I tried it. Sorry to get nowhere!
                    No worries, thanks for looking! I was worried I was being left behind here in Norfolk!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X