I'm SO forgetfull!!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm SO forgetfull!!!

I made a HUGE mistake last night, and thankfully nothing bad happened because of it. I always watch Rosemary Shrager at 4pm and go and put the girls to bed when it's finished. Last night I forgot! When I got up at 6 this morning, I could hear gentle clucking and bokking so I thought I'd get the girls up early since they were awake anyway. Went to the conservatory to fill up the food, no food tray there! Back door unlocked! Girls all out in the run waiting for morning and breakfast. I know they'll have all slept in the coop, but the pop-hole wasn't closed. Thank goodness Mr Fox wasn't around, either that or he couldn't get over the fence. I feel really upset with myself that I could do something so stupid. The girls are all fine though, had a big dish of warm porridge and mash and they've already given me 4 lovely warm eggs. I think they've forgiven me. I'll have to put a reminder on my desk-top so I don't forget again
    My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

It happens.

One morning last week I went out to let the girls out of their cupboard and found that Aranthos (elder son whose responsibility is to shut hens in at night) had forgotten to shut the pop-hole. I felt sorry for Flymo who sleeps right beside the hole as she must have been pretty chilly but she hasn't suffered for it at all.
    Happy Gardening,
    Shirley

Comment

We forgot to let the cat in until 3am the other night...and boy was it cold!!!( he only goes out for 1/2 hr at a time cos he's a bit scared of the open space)
      There were muddy paw marks on the back door and scratch marks on the roof next to the Velux window in the morning!

Chooks were nice and warm though!
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

It's our age chuck - we do forget things! Fortunately no harm came of it - but you can kick yourself sometimes can't you?
        Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Oh yes Big kick up the bum for me. The other thing is that my cat woke me during the night by licking my face - something she's never ever done before. She was cold cos she'd just come in (through the cat-flap) and I think now that maybe she was trying to tell me that the girls were still out!
          My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

I'm rubbish at remembering stuff - LadyWayne will often call me Dory (after the forgetful fish in Finding Nemo). I can however remember the most pointless pieces of information for years. Go figure.
            A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

If it's something that gets worth with age,I may as well give up now!!Like Wayne though,Ican remember the most hideous things(like all our old car no. plates from when I was a kid...couldn't even tell you what reg ours is now!).
              Don't kick yourself about it though Maureen,they're safe & happy.My mum sets timers to remind her of stuff she needs to do....only problem I'd have is remembering what the timer was for!!
              the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Aunty Mo you sure it wasn't the vino

I have 'senior' moments regularly. I make myself lists and if it isn't in the big diary then it isn't happenening
                Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

aunty mo, don't worry, that's the exact reason i'm gonna design mine so i can leave it open all the time lol ........ i too can remember the phone number from the phone box up the road, when i was a kid .....thats cos my gran used to ring me at it at 6pm on a sunday ....... i can also remember our first home phone number........ can't for the life of me remember what day it it without looking most days though

Comment

I wish Mrs snuffer would be a little more forgetful somtimes. She can remember every little transgresion I have ever made. If, just for example, I was in trouble for shredding some important papers she will say, something like, you did a similar thing with the shoping list my mother left me with when she went on holiday. Now that didn't happen last week or even this last summer. It happened 30 years ago when I was 16. How can she possably remember.
                    It is the doom of man, that they forget.

Comment

I have to set timers for everything ... I can put a pan on to boil and completely forget about it 2 mins later. Now I ALWAYS set the oven timer to beep.

I also have daily, weekly and monthly reminders on my mobile ... absolute godsend. The bin gets taken every Wed, but I still forget to put it out without my beeper. It drives Mr Sheds absolutely bonkers.
                      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

when i was a kid my mum drove me absolutely crazy, with lists for everything,I HATED those lists, absolutely everything, she still does it now.

erm.... so do I now.
                        Vive Le Revolution!!!
                        'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
                        Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

Your not alone Maureen. I forgot to count up one night and one of my girls spent the night camping. Luckily Mr Fox didn't visit that night either. I write EVERYTHING on my calender. Oops have forgotten to look at it this morning!

Comment

I left my girls coop lid up the other day to air it a bit after cleaning. Said to OH 'don't let me forget to shut the lid' I went off to my italian class, got back at 10pm, made cuppa found out who'd been booted off Celebrity, made 4yr olds packed lunch which happened to have CHICKEN in, and then remembered the girls.

Ran down with torch, Dahne was in the nestbox (naughty but I hadn't the heart to disturb her) Doris and Delia were huddled together. They gave me a few reproachful 'bok boks' and I shut them in.

The annoying thing is that the pop hole closes automatically so we don't have to check them, this was my own forgetfulness....

DOH! You are not alone!

janeyo

Was also cross with OH for not reminding me!

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                              ... I can put a pan on to boil and completely forget about it 2 mins later...
                              I put four eggs on to hard-boil for lunch (I was on the Atkins Diet at the time) one morning, then left to go to work.

OH called me at about half five that evening, when I was mucking out, and calmly said;

"Hi Love, I've turned your eggs off!"

I responded with some sarcastic comment, asking what the heck he was on about - hadn't given them a thought all day - even when I only had a small amount of Ham for lunch!

Took about a fortnight to get rid of the smell from the house, and killed the saucepan too.
                              All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                              Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X