adolescent crowing!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adolescent crowing!!

Yep ..one of my 'gals' has started to crow!!

Sounds really funny too...the other gals look at him in a confused sort of way!

( he's so proud of himself even though his voice hasn't broken properly yet!)
    Last edited by Nicos; 08-12-2008, 01:25 PM.
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

He he - I read about this a while ago. Have his/her Comb and Wattles grown? It's not unheard of for a Hen to change to a Rooster, I think it is called a 'Hinny.'

No doubt any long-standing Chook owners will correct me if I'm wrong - I have only had Chickens a month!
    Last edited by Glutton4...; 08-12-2008, 03:35 PM.
    All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
    Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Him/her Hinny or is it one that you thought was a her but IS actually a him
      Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

I thought a hinny was a lass from Newcastle!!

..yes-he's a little bit bigger than the others his age and his waddle and comb are a bit bigger too.
        He's clearly taking his role seriously as tonight he's just led the gals back to the garden near to their coop.Good lad!

edit....
        Roitelet said she thought one of them could be a male when she gave them to us!..so we've been keeping an eye on them all, and thought it might be that one.
        Last edited by Nicos; 08-12-2008, 03:45 PM.
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

oooooooooo how exciting, all those new babies in spring

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X