Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the new girls are in town!!!

Hi,

At last the chicken coop is full once more.
    We have six girls and they are huge compared with scraggs and co. They look in much better health too. The feathers are a bit sparse around the chest area, but other than that they look well.
    Only one has braved coming down the ramp for a look around outside. There is one with lovely dark brown feathers, I have bagged her for myself and will take my time giving her the right name. We all get to name one as our own..
    I will get piccies on as quick as I can, my son will do the honours later.
    Thanks for all your good wishes, It's been a long two weeks being chickenless.
    Minxie

fantastic news!!!!
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Awww congrats
      WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Brilliant news! Can't wait to see the piccies
        Happy Gardening,
        Shirley

Comment

Well done - lucky birds!
          Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Well done, looking forward to the pics, happy naming!

Comment

they are all tucked up in bed for the night now,

thanks all
              Minxie

Comment

Lovely

janeyo

Comment

awwwwwww
                  Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

Can't wait to see em! congrats!
                    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

They're so sweet when they tuck up for the night- puffed up feathers hiding their toes , and tails drooped downward- balls of puffed up feathers with beaks poking out!
                      We go and check on ours before bedtime - just cos we can( bit like children looking sweet once they've fallen asleep!)
                      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww that's lovely My Petunia was a dark brown one too, and my daughter's got a dark brown one (that took ages to grow her feathers!) called Janet. Take your time naming her, she's going to live with her name a long time
                        My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

All this talk of names (congrats, by the way!) I still haven't named my Girlies

I've had them nearly six weeks, and they seen to change everyday. They've all grown loads of feathers, and apart from the fact that one is slightly bigger and one is slightly smaller than the rest, I'm ashamed to say I can't keep track of them!

Can I put coloured bands on their legs or summat?
                          Last edited by Glutton4...; 10-12-2008, 06:53 PM.
                          All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                          Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

I put coloured cable ties (loosely) on my first lot so I could keep track of them. I know which are the first lot, and Violet is the darkest of the next lot, Daisy is the lightest and Iris is the other one Pansy is a Bluebelle with brown feathers on her chest, Bluebell is almost all blue, Marigold (Black Star) has black legs and Honeysuckle has pale legs. Simple
                            My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

Originally posted by MaureenHall View Post
                              I put coloured cable ties (loosely) on my first lot so I could keep track of them. I know which are the first lot, and Violet is the darkest of the next lot, Daisy is the lightest and Iris is the other one Pansy is a Bluebelle with brown feathers on her chest, Bluebell is almost all blue, Marigold (Black Star) has black legs and Honeysuckle has pale legs. Simple
                              Not another database thread!
                              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X