Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Every day's like Christmas morning...........

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Every day's like Christmas morning...........

Thats how I feel when checking how many eggs I have each day!

You never know whats in Santas nestbox!
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

I know just how you feel. My girls are being extra wonderful just lately, giving me around 7 eggs a day. Yesterday I collected 4 from the nests before I toddled off to Lynda's and Sarah's taking all the eggs I had available with me. This morning I collected 6 when I got them up, and later on during the morning collected a further 4, all perfect, no squashies Maybe it's because the only treats they had yesterday was some greens before I left - who knows, but the treats have been cut back today too just to see what tomorrow brings. Maybe another 10?
    My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

I have ten chooks of layable age..........I got nine eggs today, six yesterday,three the day before (left the nestbox open)
      You just NEVER know how many you're going to find in the nestbox.........and for me, that's the excitement!
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Beautifully described Snadger. We are getting around 2 a day from our 5 girls and I think all 3 Warrens are laying but not every day. We are getting some very tiny eggs and think this indicates the pair of Australorp starting to lay so we are never sure what we will find.
        Happy Gardening,
        Shirley

Comment

ohhh am very very jealous - mine went broody and has given up - having read up on this am reassured I should not panic and normal laying will recommence at end of jan - but it pains me to go the local farm and pay for eggs when i'm feeding batty so well

Comment

Mine have gone up now to 5-7 a day thanks god, I've a foward order for a dozen by Saturday and 18 by Sunday. 1 left to go for the first and still 18 for the second order, laying hopes on the new girls all laying in fright on the way home on Saturday
            Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

It is.......Up until about last week we were still getting between 10 & 12 a day,but this week,somedays just 5.& although it's been a struggle to keep up with orders...it has made the anticipation of "how many will there be today",a little more exciting.....& of course they all still get a thankyou,as we don't know who they're from!!(unless there's no whitey ones...then we know Dandelion & Marigold are having a day of!)
              the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

We are getting one or two a day at the moment ( the others start in January)
                I love collecting the eggs, but each morning Betty rushes off to lay somewhere secret and if she spots me she crosses her legs and changes location!!

I love the sweet smell of the warm freshly laid eggs.

hooraynana- don't give up on her- my broody hen stopped laying for about a week after going broody and started laying again as soon as I replaced her wooden egg.
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Nicos
                  Wooden egg ???

Comment

Am sooooo excited am picking up two ex free range hens from little hen rescue today - am hoping this will make batty lay some eggs - everybody likes a bit of competition eh ?

Comment

Mine have been off lay for over a month now. Got maybe one or two eggs week from 15 hens, but this morning there were 5 eggs in the nest boxes. Think they may be starting to recover from moult now, but I've just been and bought a dozen from the shops. (just dont taste the same as eggs from my girls though)
                      Kirsty b xx

Comment

Yeah! Ours came back into lay this week as well. Eggs is on the menu again. Nicos, I thought you'd made a typo and meant you replaced her 'wooden leg' not her wooden egg
                        I you'st to have a handle on the world .. but it BROKE!!

Comment

I nearly batted my BIL at the weekend. He's a public health inspector and really cynical and sarcastic about anything and everything (knows it all!) Anyway I took some eggs for each of my sisters, and his response was "Well that's one way to get Salmonella for Christmas isn't it. At least with battery eggs you know they're clean" ! I did tell him that they didn't have to have them if they'd rather not but don't expect me to eat anything containing egg at their house in the future, and I won't give him any of my delicious quiches, custards, ice cream etc when they visit me
                          My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

Nicely put.
                            Kirsty b xx

Comment

Originally posted by MaureenHall View Post
                              I nearly batted my BIL at the weekend. He's a public health inspector and really cynical and sarcastic about anything and everything (knows it all!) Anyway I took some eggs for each of my sisters, and his response was "Well that's one way to get Salmonella for Christmas isn't it. At least with battery eggs you know they're clean" ! I did tell him that they didn't have to have them if they'd rather not but don't expect me to eat anything containing egg at their house in the future, and I won't give him any of my delicious quiches, custards, ice cream etc when they visit me
                              I think Hugh Fearnley or Jamie need to take him to visit a battery farm...............See if he would be so keen on battery eggs after that!

We are becoming a nation full of wussies.........OH thew half a cabbage in the bin cos it had a slug on it tuther day, didn't even keep it for the chooks!

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X