Flying Pigs

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would love a pig or two, maybe when we no longer have dogs
    I would have kune kune pigs they are lush - don't know what they taste like though
    Attached Files
    Last edited by coomber; 29-12-2008, 08:53 AM.

Comment

My friend in Wales has some kune kune pigs that need a good home if anyones interested

Comment

Hiya Hayley,
        Les here from Henschool

Comment

Wow Hi Lesley you found us then, saw the Look East article on the batts jumpers, eggcellent publicity for you......

Guys meet Lesley, Essex Co-ordinator for the BHWT, Henschool is brilliant, learned loads and fuelled my love of all things chook.

BTW got some more girls from Ian and Mollie - Amber links, totally addicted got 24 girlies now
          Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

No pigs at present, but we kept Tammies for YEARS, and none of ours were aggressive (perhaps because they knew us well). We never needed to upset the piglets either. Most sows will get cross if you make their babies cry (and piglets do make a LOT of noise when you scare them). We kept Tammie sows and a Cornish Lop boar. We lost the boar after a couple of years, and the only replacement we could get was a Landrace. He was so long in the body that it affected how he walked, which is why we called him Daisy (I'm sure you get the picture). Lots of hardy, healthy piglets, which grew into highly saleable meat. We did have one Berkshire sow, and bred some Tamworth cross piglets. We kept 2 sows and a boar from that litter. Copper was VERY tame, and lived mainly in the fields with the sheep, apart from Lambing time.
            Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X