Nearly a catastrophy!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
    Arrived at the allotment this afternoon to find one of my newest chickens hanging upside down by her foot!
    Chill ~ she was just doing the Feathered Peacock pose Yoga Journal - Feathered Peacock Pose
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Suechooks View Post
      ...The basket was only 75p from Wilkos.
      Hey Frias, try using a hanging basket - you know, the sort meant for flowers. That's what I use. Even though they ignore it!
      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Originally posted by frias View Post
        I'm always in Wilkos but haven't seen these. Were they in the pet section or meant for another purpose?
        In the gardening section. They're meant for plants but are great as the chooks can easily get to the greens. I generally put a log or tyre under the basket, then they get some entertainment value as well - specially the ex-batts as it helps them learn to balance and perch.

Comment

Silly me, I was thinking of a special small stainless steel thing. In fact I've got some hanging baskets in the loft, bought from Wilkos in their sale. will try one.
          I usually hang corn on the cob, cabbage or broccoli by putting a big screw through it. OH has make a platform that I hang food hopper under to keep dry and on top a series of perches and ramps so girls have to work for their treats.

Comment

OH has make a platform that I hang food hopper under to keep dry and on top a series of perches and ramps so girls have to work for their treats.
            I like that idea! Can you post a pic for us please? Pretty-please-with-a-cherry-on-the-top?
            My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

Silly me, I was thinking of a special small stainless steel thing. In fact I've got some hanging baskets in the loft, bought from Wilkos in their sale. will try one.
              I usually hang corn on the cob, cabbage or broccoli by putting a big screw through it. OH has make a platform that I hang food hopper under to keep dry and on top a series of perches and ramps so girls have to work for their treats.
              Sounds a bit like a grown up version of the game 'Mousetrap'!
              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Pictures??? you are joking. I bought a new camera recently and haven't worked out how to use it yet let alone connect it to a computer! I'm still using up a film in my old camera.
                We thought once girls got used to using perches for fun they would sleep on them in the coop. No such luck they still sleep all cuddled up together on the floor.

Comment

Pictures??? you are joking. I bought a new camera recently and haven't worked out how to use it yet let alone connect it to a computer! I'm still using up a film in my old camera.
                  We thought once girls got used to using perches for fun they would sleep on them in the coop. No such luck they still sleep all cuddled up together on the floor.
                  Have you tried putting an old tyre in the hut ? Mine started perching on that and most have now progressed to the perches. Took ages as they had no wing feathers so couldn't balance on the perch but managed ok on the tyre - tyres free from tyre places!

Comment

I do remember you saying this before Sue. I just haven't got around to getting a tyre. Funny enough they are quite happy to sit on the perches to watch me cleaning the coop. They just don't want to sleep on them. I will try the tyre after Christmas. (A small one as not that much room on the coop floor)

Comment

to your original posting, I know I shouldn't but.....hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

thats just the best thing I've heard in ages (only because she's OK of course). I can't help picturing the others all pecking around as though everything is completely normal with the other one hanging upside down a few inches from their heads. Crazy chicks!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X