Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lynda66 View Post
    nope they haven't developed nuggets yet
    Which part of the chicken is the goujon?
    My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

i may have 4 cockerels looking for a home

Comment

Originally posted by MaureenHall View Post
        You don't want to know!
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by MaureenHall View Post
          that's the bit attached to the nuggets, wot mine havent got yet cos they are too ikkle

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
            You don't want to know!
            whoopsssssssss!!!!!

Comment

Awwww...they're soooo lovely!!!
              I love to talk about nothing. It's the only thing I know anything about!!

Our Blog - http://chancecottage.blogspot.com/

Comment

I must have the MORNING version of You tube............I can see em fine now! I bet you're dead proud Lynda!

One question.............I thought they needed to be 'on heat' all the time for six weeks?
                Apparently not though as they look happy enough and aren't all huddled together!
                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

only another 10 weeks or so and they'll be through the mincer ...... if i can ever manage to kill em
                  Dontch get fed up with minced meat lynda!
                  The babies are lovely! Bless their little legs!
                  Live like you never lived before!

Laugh Like you never laughed before!

Love like you never loved before!

One Love & Unity

http://iriejans.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                    I must have the MORNING version of You tube............I can see em fine now! I bet you're dead proud Lynda!

One question.............I thought they needed to be 'on heat' all the time for six weeks?
                    Apparently not though as they look happy enough and aren't all huddled together!
                    yeah, they are fab ..... it was fairly warm yesterday, and they were in the polytunnel which is even warmer ....... to be honest, they don't seem to be bothered about temperature that much ..... the fires on in here during the day, and they have their bulb on, which they don't seem to bother sitting under that much, they do sleep draped over their stuffed chicken and elephant though even in the mornings after a cold night, they are usually spread around the playpen.

when i took them out, i figured they wouldn't be out too long, and anyway, they would be going out with their mum now if they had one, i did keep a close eye on them in case they looked cold, but i think they were having too much fun to worry about the temperature, after about half an hour, they did start to fluff up a bit, so i brought them back in.

Comment

Haven't been on for a while......so.....WELL DONE LYNDA!!!!! (eventually)

Must have been the time for letting the babies out. Mine have moved in with the quail in the small pen which is in the large run. Having a problem introducing them to the older ones as the cockerals have other ideas and really bully them (they will both be lunch if they don't kurb it).

Comment

Ahhhhhh lovely I want some but I'm not allowed boo hoo.
                        Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
                        and ends with backache

Comment

Chicks still thriving I hope Lynda? I'm fancying trying to make my own incubator from an old cool box I have lying around. Been pricing all the bits and bobs off ebay and not sure whether I can be bothered though!

Diversify & prosper

Comment

yup, and starting to get sticky up feathers now dead cute, eating me out of house and home too lol .....

by the time you have bought all the stuff and paid postage, you might as well get one of these they're already made New Forced Air Incubator / hatching eggs on eBay, also, Poultry Hatching Incubation, Pet Supplies, Home Garden (end time 01-Jan-09 12:45:51 GMT)

Comment

yup, and starting to get sticky up feathers now dead cute, eating me out of house and home too lol .....

by the time you have bought all the stuff and paid postage, you might as well get one of these they're already made New Forced Air Incubator / hatching eggs on eBay, also, Poultry Hatching Incubation, Pet Supplies, Home Garden (end time 01-Jan-09 12:45:51 GMT)
                              Yeah........I've been doing a quite a bit of research and found the original plans for that one!

The Incubator | Homemade Incubator

But like this idea better:-

River Cottage :: View topic - Make a simple incubator.

PS Glad to hear the chicks are doing well!
                              Last edited by Snadger; 28-12-2008, 07:31 PM.

Diversify & prosper

Comment

far too complicated lol ...... it was hard enough getting the temperature right with a thermostatic heater ..... never mind a bulb lol .... but i guess if it works ?? ..... still think i'd buy the ready made one, but then i'm lazy lol

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X