Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What treat are you giving chooks on Christmas day?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoked Salmon for mine! I noticed there were a few scraps in with the hens bread and left it in and that was top favourite. Hope they don't get any ideas this was a Christmas special and once they've finished their Christmas present mealworms it's back to normal.
    Sue

Comment

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
      You Grapes often mention cabbage for Chooks. Mine just look at it in disgust. Can't get them to eat it, or cooked spud peelings.

I make it up to them with Meal Worms and Raisins, which they love.

By the way, Maureen how are the new ones?
      I have late afternoon chook pans (3 old roasting tins) my lot have learned that what ever is in those tins is gonna be edible. You should see me trying to get to Chookenham which is about 20 yards from the gate desperately hoping not to drop the pans when tripping over 24 velocoraptors
      Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

He he. We said from day one our ex-batts reminded us of dinosaurs.
        We have 2 large dog bowls for the porridge. The girls recognise them immediately. I have Mum and her dog staying with me at the moment and the dog thinks anything in the bowls are for her too.
        I have discovered that the only thing my lot don't like is carrots. However I read on another forum that pureed carrot is very good for getting rid of nasties in the gut so am going to try it mixed with porridge.

Comment

i've been feeding mine chopped carrot and swede (got a load of bags from asda for 10p each) which i froze, i just heat them up in the microwave till they are defrosted, and they go nice and soft, they go mad for the swede, then eat the carrot when everything else has gone ..... they are too ikkle to eat fresh leaves too yet, so they have been having frozen broccoli too, and cauli, and corn ok they like their veg

oh and they like peanut butter too .....a lot..... they nearly killed each other over half a slice of peanut butter on toast yesterday
          Last edited by lynda66; 29-12-2008, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Mine had a belated Xmas treat today on our return from Cheshire (normal food whilst we were away)....A bag of raisins....OMG
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X