Found four eggs.......

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found four eggs.......

As the thread title says I found four eggs today (remeber one day last wweek where the egg couint was down) they were under some straw which must have been kicked over them by the chooks.
    Wasn't sure how long they'd lain there so broke em into a pan(they actually looked ok) and mixed some poultry spice and some stalle bread and corn in with it, put it in a dish and gave it to the chooks as a pick me up............they loved it and were climbing over each other to get to it. I've seen the time I wouldn't have done this (cannibalism,encouraging egg eating) but,................ waste not want not............................. and it did them good as well!
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

A few months ago I discovered 11 eggs hidden behind a pallet on the lottie! It took a while before I connected it with the ex-batt who was looking all fluffed up and pecking the hand that fed her when she was sitting in the nest box! Yup a broody ex-batt! I was so chuffed as she was also one of the lowest in the pecking order. Back to normal now but took a while!

Comment

Originally posted by Suechooks View Post
      A few months ago I discovered 11 eggs hidden behind a pallet on the lottie! It took a while before I connected it with the ex-batt who was looking all fluffed up and pecking the hand that fed her when she was sitting in the nest box! Yup a broody ex-batt! I was so chuffed as she was also one of the lowest in the pecking order. Back to normal now but took a while!
      Ah...........so I'm not alone in having a broody ex-bat! How come chooks never go broody when YOU want them to?
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X