Chuckingham Palace - Mark II

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chuckingham Palace - Mark II

I'm so chuffed!! My girls have a lovely new HUGE coop made this last couple of days by me and my friend (will post piccies later, it's too dark now!). I closed the little one as soon as the big one was finished so the girls could have a good sniff around, and a scrabble in the wood shavings, and a look at the perches before bedtime. I went to my daughters to pick up my other 2 new girls and when I got back home just after dark, they'd all put themselves to bed all snuggly-downy - bless I've put the 2 new ones in with them to sleep tonight and I'll see how things go in the morning when they're all out together as to whether or not to fence off a daytime run for them.

I'll be making some alterations / additions to the new palace in the coming weeks, things like an external nest-box or two (or three), platforms with ramps up to them, and probably other things as I think of them.

You know what that means now don't you? I've got a spare coop for a broody chook
    My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Good luck for the morning. You must have been frozen working outside this week.

Comment

Originally posted by MaureenHall View Post
      You know what that means now don't you? I've got a spare coop for a broody chook
      or you have an incubator to hatch some out in see i knew you wouldn't make it to new year '

Comment

Sounds great Maureen. Do let us see the pic.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

I haven't got any eggs yet, or ordered any, so I HAVE waited until 2009. Think I'll get some at the end of January/beginning of February with my fag savings

Comment

not for the house though what variety do you want

Comment

Originally posted by lynda66 View Post
              not for the house though what variety do you want
              I want pretty ones, don't mind if they're boys or girls as long as the boys don't start to crow till they're really big! But ALL chickens are pretty aren't they? I fancy some that get feathery feet, but I don't know what sort, I've restrained myself from looking so far!

Comment

actually no, not all chickens are pretty Transylvanian Naked Neck/hatching eggs/blue/V. RARE on eBay, also, Poultry Hatching Incubation, Pet Supplies, Home Garden (end time 04-Jan-09 20:55:26 GMT)

want some of them, they look like vultures

Comment

and then theres pretty with hairy feet

12 Blue/cuckoo& White silkie hatching eggs on eBay, also, Poultry Hatching Incubation, Pet Supplies, Home Garden (end time 30-Dec-08 12:39:52 GMT)

Comment

Lynda, go and sit on the norty step right now and don't get off till you've had an hour for every year of your age!! Trying to tempt me! Hmmmmmmmm

Those silkies are pretty aren't they

Comment

Then there's the punk look

Go on Maureen, you know you want to!
                      http://www.justgiving.com/Vicky-Berr...-Marathon-2010

Comment

The Cochin has very feathery feet, but have you seen the Frizzle? That's just a bonkers chicken (above)

Like a Silkie (below) with its feathers on the wrong way round.

All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Frizzle looks like a silkie thats been in the tumble drier!
                          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post

The Cochin has very feathery feet, but have you seen the Frizzle? That's just a bonkers chicken (above)

Like a Silkie (below) with its feathers on the wrong way round.

No, I don't think I want any of those, to me they just look wrong!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X