latest baby pics

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lynda66 View Post
    the only thing you can do if they are boys is have their danglies removed before they reach maturity, but apparently getting a vet to do it is hard, their bits are inside.... and it's expensive, and you can't get a voucher for spaying chooks lol

they've been out in the garden today, and i've been having a close look, i think coco and buttercup are definitely boys ....... they have huuuugggggeee legs, and their combs are definitely bigger than the others, and they are about twice the size of the others too.

i think i can probably eat those two ...... but pingu ..... never.
    You can't eat Buttercup!!! He / she's got a name and a Aunty Mo, and was /still is a beautiful chooky
    My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

i know auntie mo ........ but if i manage to keep one cockrel, i can't keep em all if theres 3 or possibly 4 boys ........ maybe auntie mo would like buttercup with her chooks ...... i'll see what i can do about finding them a home, but it might be hard work.

i tried googling cock box ....... don't think that's quite the right thing
      Last edited by lynda66; 12-01-2009, 05:05 PM.

Comment

i tried googling cock box ....... don't think that's quite the right thing
        Yup, she's back on her favourite subject again lol

Stick one of them in the post, he can keep my 'Laydees' happy!
        All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
        Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Well if Buttercup promises to cock-a-doodle-doo in a whisper then I might be able to give him a home, failing that, I'll ask one of the other lottie holders who's raised some cocks (ooooooooooops, cockerals!) if she'd like him to play with her girls
          My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

*sticks stamps on boys heads* and puts in post*

Comment

*sticks stamps on boys heads* and puts in post*
              I've heard of pigeon post but...............
              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

I think you've done a really great job- just think of all the hours you've put in and now they look so well and happy!

Comment

I had a pingu in my last hatching, and just look what happened to her. She won't stop eating the greedy mare she will go bang one of these days
                  Attached Files

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X