DONT BE BLAZEEEEE ABOUT MR FOX.. please read as a reminder

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DONT BE BLAZEEEEE ABOUT MR FOX.. please read as a reminder

My girls have free range time when myslef or OH are supervising them, we always stay out with them.

We normally sit in the greenhouse and read when there out wandering around.

We have never seen a fox in our garden. (we in surrey in the suburbs) OH came in for 2 mins and went out again there was a fox in the garden looking at the girls this was about 11.30 this morning.

I've posted this just as a reminder to all chook lovers--- even though you may never have seen a fox the little buggers are out there!!!.

Take care of the girls and enjoy

round at my mums sunday, popped out for a fag, wandered down to check the chickens were all shut in........... there on top of next doors shed, 2 foxes, mums fox deterrent thingy doesn't faze them at all.
    so all the lads went down for a pee later and thoroughly doused the fence posts ect, and she is off to her hairdressers today to beg some hair cuttings.
    Last edited by BrideXIII; 30-12-2008, 01:01 PM.
    Vive Le Revolution!!!
    'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
    Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

Blimy they are swines, I'll get the OH to do his duties I just mentioned it to him and he asked if could wee in a cup indoors as its cold!!!! wimp

Comment

Originally posted by NSB View Post
        Blimy they are swines, I'll get the OH to do his duties I just mentioned it to him and he asked if could wee in a cup indoors as its cold!!!! wimp

wimp!, tell him to get out there and do the manly thing
        Vive Le Revolution!!!

Comment

I sympathise. We had one wandering around our chooks yesterday, in broad daylight. Leccy's on all the time now!
          All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
          Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

I understand they find it hard to find food when the ground is frozen- so will be tempted to be seen out more in public and into daylight hours.
            I'm letting mine out even later and bringing them in earlier because of that at the moment.

But thanks for the warning, esp as we've not had a chance to make a run for ours yet. ( no sign of dog yesterday or today - but with one of the cockerels crowing on top of the compost heap she'll know my chooks are about
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by BrideXIII View Post
              wimp!, tell him to get out there and do the manly thing
              Maybe it's shrunk in the cold????
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                Maybe it's shrunk in the cold????
                perfect excuse for him to have a few beers tho
                Vive Le Revolution!!!

Comment

Blimy that is a worry. We are semi-rural and not seen any in the year we have had the chooks. But I just cannot believe there aren't any, I see planty of road-kill about. Next door have dogs and the man at the back where the choks are have got dogs, will this help deter them somewhat?

janeyo.

OH did pee round it all in the summer, but he had had a few first and thought it was hilarious. I wouldn't let him do it in the compost bins.

Comment

Originally posted by janeyo View Post
                    Blimy that is a worry. We are semi-rural and not seen any in the year we have had the chooks. But I just cannot believe there aren't any, I see planty of road-kill about. Next door have dogs and the man at the back where the choks are have got dogs, will this help deter them somewhat?

janeyo.

OH did pee round it all in the summer, but he had had a few first and thought it was hilarious. I wouldn't let him do it in the compost bins.
                    well i doubt you are fox free, especially with the cold snap we are due and the amount of xmas rubbish about, they will be too, lack of food and the pups will be coming soon.

my mums dogs don't seem to deter them at all, although frankly they rarely go that end of the garden cos they dig up the veg, i did tell her to start letting them ramble up there occasionally under guard to spread their smell about.
                    But if mrs reynard is really hungry there is not much that will keep them away.
                    Last edited by BrideXIII; 30-12-2008, 01:41 PM.
                    Vive Le Revolution!!!

Comment

my next door but one neighbour has a dog that lives outside, mr fox jumps over the 6 foot fence, sits in front of the dogs run, has a laugh at it, then goes off to search for food. so nope dogs don't exactly deter them.

Comment

You lot have got me thinking...........the only place I can't be seen having a pee from the houses that over look our allotments is right by the chook run door. I've been pee-ing there for ages.............I wonder if thats whats kept reynard away!

Ah well, if anyone does spot me I'll just have to shout " JUST DOING MY BIT TO KEEP ANY FOXES AWAY!"
                        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Before we got the chooks,we were advised to pee round the run & hang up little bags of human hair around the run~supposedly the scent puts the big guy(s) off?Not sure if it's one of those old wives tales that don't work or if that's why we've been lucky to date?Although the run is pretty damned good,I must admit I dread going up to feed them & discovering the worst.
                          the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

We had a vixen try and make a nest in our garden at the weekend, the dog chased her out of her hidey hole, glad she didn't turn around and try to fight him as he was about half her size!

Comment

We have found a huge hole under the shed so presume it is a vixen. Apparently she will dig several out so she can move the cubs if one becomes unsafe. I am terrified for my girls when free ranging. They appear to hate being in their enclosed run and want to be out all the time.
                              Wish I still had my old cat, she used to see any foxes off.
                              Thanks for the reminder NSB.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X