got my first eggs :)

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got my first eggs :)

ok, i fed the babies this morning ...... and they are nearly 6 weeks old, so imagine looking in the nest box ..... and finding 2 beautiful white eggs ...... what do you do ....... well after i'd picked myself up off the floor, checked my pulse, looked in the mirror to see if i was there, and pinched myself to make sure it wasn't a dream ........ i looked again ..... moved the straw to the side

and found the sides of 2 beautifully white turnips that i'd put in with them yesterday to have a peck at

ROFL
    Can just picture your face....and Bephlam's if you'd gotten eggs before her... Hahahahaha

They're definitely growing fast, but that would have been ridiculous!

Comment

they looked so much like eggs too ....... think bephlam would have come down and poked me with a big stick lol

Comment

Brilliant!!!!
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

You twonk That's the best laugh I've had today
          My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

LOL next time you pop turnips in there do it SOBER, then you'll remember the next day

Comment

Originally posted by janeyo View Post
              LOL next time you pop turnips in there do it SOBER, then you'll remember the next day
              i was sober lol, but i pulled em straight out the garden and chucked em in muck and all, ...... never expected them to clean em and put em in the nest ....... they definitely aren't keen on whole turnip ..... but like the soil

Comment

I'm not kidding - I almost lost the will to live when I read this thread. If you had eggs already I wouldn't have known what to do with myself.

No offence, but thank goodness you're still eggless!!!
                I love to talk about nothing. It's the only thing I know anything about!!

Our Blog - http://chancecottage.blogspot.com/

Comment

funnily enough, i'm quite relieved myself ....... they haven't even got all their feathers yet lol

Comment

They might prefer it, boiled and chopped.... mine much prefer cooked veggies. Less hassle to peck at it I guess, they are lazy!

Comment

yeah, i didn't really think they'd eat em, there were just 2 left in the garden, so i chucked em in for them to play with ...... they get most of their veggies blitzed in the liquidiser for a few secs, and put in a mash with other stuff, or chopped small and cooked.

Comment

Originally posted by Bephlam View Post
                        I'm not kidding - I almost lost the will to live when I read this thread. If you had eggs already I wouldn't have known what to do with myself.

Same goes for me too!! I think I would have swapped my girls for some swedes if you'd have had eggs yesterday: I think I should be after Bephlam on the egg waiting list at the very least.

Also wanted to say a BIG thanks for the 10 no no foods for chickens list. I can say hand on heart you saved my girls from at least a dickt tummy or 4, perhaps worse as there's at least 3 foods I probably would have chucked in for them....thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Bephlam View Post

*drags back to chair after rolling around on floor clutching stomach laughing head off

Sorry Beph

Lynda you make me die girl, when I read the pop up I yelled "WHAT?" and yes instantly thought of Beph, but turnips - honestly
                          Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

hey, it's surprising how egglike small turnips can look when they are in a chooks nest box with straw round em

and especially when they are purple topped milan turnips but all the purple bit is covered
                            Last edited by lynda66; 18-01-2009, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X