No announcement yet.

I love chicken cuddles...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well my 4 black ones all have maran mummies, they are getting there, but squawk like mad when i pick them up, especially pingu ...... but he will climb on me and sit on my shoulder and have strokes at any time, the 2 definite girls aren't as noisy, and are quieter to pick up, coco is still a bit odd, as he doesn't really like much ..... but is always the first one to notice in our game of slug fetch i'll definitely say the marans have a great personality

i think cream legbars are meant to be a bit skittish though.
    Last edited by lynda66; 19-01-2009, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shirlthegirl43 View Post
      Our Warrens will tolerate being picked up (coz they scooch down as layers do) but the Australorps vanish at high speed when I go to touch them unless it is bed time and I am tucking them in.

The minute the kitchen door is open though....
      That pic needs a caption! Help, a chicken's nicked my breakfast!
      Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

That's why you ain'y getting eggs Beph - they think they are lapdogs
        Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

lol Hayley!!
          I love to talk about nothing. It's the only thing I know anything about!!

Our Blog - http://chancecottage.blogspot.com/

Comment

These pics are brilliant! I would love cuddly chickens.
            My white star (Daphne) is VERY flighty (coes down from her leghorn roots I am told) and in a whole year of having her I have not yet been able to grab a cuddle.
            The black rock (Doris, or Big Doll as we call her)is quite big, waddles about, and has let me catch her about twice. OH has managed it a few more times.
            But Daphne, the brown one), is quite cuddly, she tolerates it from us but prob only as she wants food!

Funny though they are so much tamer than when I got them, now ehen I clean them out I have 3 helpers... they all sit on the coop and watch me, making sure I do it right! And looking for earwigs as we sometimes get them in the coop! A tasty treat

janeyo
            Attached Files

Comment

Ah, lovely pics everyone! 3 of mine hate being touched, but I can corner them without too much bother if I need to but mite pwder on them etc. The 2 barn hens ae always under my feet, and would sit on my if I stayed still for long enough! Florence the mini bantam is very friendly, she was lie that when we got her, but has got even friendlier, I think cos she's feather footed she needs more hands on care than the others.

Comment

i have found the easiest way to get mine to come is to open the lid of the mealworm tub, as soon as they hear the noise they can't wait to come to me

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X