I love chicken cuddles...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love chicken cuddles...

I brought my girls in today to wash their feet....however, they were more interested in hijacking my knee for cuddles.

Ok, so I'm going no where!

I look like a pixie with my ear popping out the side, but Henrietta is certainly posing for the camera.

Think they'd have been happy to settle down for the night.

Excuse the state of me...I was in clean jammies for working in the house...but as you can see, they made short work of getting those black!!!

Think I'll be bringing them in to 'clean their feet' tomorrow again!!
    I love to talk about nothing. It's the only thing I know anything about!!

Our Blog - http://chancecottage.blogspot.com/

Ahh I open my kitchen door and they come and have a wander around the kitchen with me I think its really sweet

Comment

Ok Bephlam, I'll bring you some eggs if I can have a cuddle. (From the girls that is! ) Mine lay well but aren't interested in cuddles.

Comment

You've got yourself a deal frias!! They'd happily cuddle you - I think - I've never introduced them to 'strangers'.....and they don't come much stranger than you!

Comment

only pingu really likes cuddles, the others kind of put up with it, but they love me cos they think i'm food

one thing ..... why were you washing their feet?? ...... mine come in from outside covered in mud, scratch about in their bedding and are beautifully clean by morning, think they'd have a fit if i started sticking the shower on them

Comment

Originally posted by Bephlam View Post
            You've got yourself a deal frias!! They'd happily cuddle you - I think - I've never introduced them to 'strangers'.....and they don't come much stranger than you!
            Charming! Aaahh 'cos of the Cliff thing.

Comment

I don't stick the shower on them, I hold their feet under the tap in the kitchen. I wash their feet/legs because they have feathered feet and as such are prone to scaly leg mite, etc....and don't cope well with impacted mud on their feet. So, once a week (when it's been muddy) I bring them in and wash their little tootsies. They don't mind it - then I dry them with their own little towel and put vaseline (or similar) on their legs!

Comment

Originally posted by frias View Post
                Charming! Aaahh 'cos of the Cliff thing.
                He He....I'm glad you made the connection!

We're all going on a......

Comment

I don't stick the shower on them, I hold their feet under the tap in the kitchen. I wash their feet/legs because they have feathered feet and as such are prone to scaly leg mite, etc....and don't cope well with impacted mud on their feet. So, once a week (when it's been muddy) I bring them in and wash their little tootsies. They don't mind it - then I dry them with their own little towel and put vaseline (or similar) on their legs!
                  awwwww bless, hadn't thought of that, a couple of mine have little feathers on their legs ..... think i might shave em lol ...... will keep an eye on that though

Comment

Are they faverolles Bephlam? I would like to let my hybrids out to free range at the lottie but I couldn't catch the ones that aren't laying. Layers just cower down and i can pick them up, but tuthers have me like 'Rocky' when he was chasing a chicken to keep fit..........but multiplied by half a dozen!
                    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Yeah Snadger...Faverolles. I'd highly recommend them....

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                        ... I couldn't catch the ones that aren't laying. Layers just cower down and i can pick them up, but tuthers have me like 'Rocky' when he was chasing a chicken to keep fit..........but multiplied by half a dozen!
                        Been there Snadger - it's hilarious isn't it? Dunno what I'm going to do when I have to move mine next time, just let 'em all out and make a noise like a feed bowl, I reckon!
                        All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                        Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Yeah Snadger...Faverolles. I'd highly recommend them....
                          For cuddles, not eggs!

Comment

Our Warrens will tolerate being picked up (coz they scooch down as layers do) but the Australorps vanish at high speed when I go to touch them unless it is bed time and I am tucking them in.

The minute the kitchen door is open though....
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by shirlthegirl43; 19-01-2009, 08:37 PM.
                            Happy Gardening,
                            Shirley

Comment

lol Shirl....that's a brilliant pic!

I often moan that mine aren't friendly enough, but I realise from reading all the posts that they actually are. I'm planning on adding two marans and perhaps a cream legbar in Spring...I sure hope they're friendly...and can tolerate being cuddled. We're also hatching pekins...but I know they're friendly!!
                              Last edited by Bephlam; 19-01-2009, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X