Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

okay, i'm tempted by the eglu cube with run....are they worth it??

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK looking at this from 'outsider who's seen the comments
    FOR Eglu.. Easy to clean, doesn't provide hidey-holes for mites etc, customer service
    AGAINST Eglu... expensive, small
    the appearance might be 'for' or 'against' depending on the individual opinion. For me it would be a negative point, but others like them. My choice would be a rabbit-hutch-with-run-under for a few, or a shed-conversion for more. It is all down to what matters to the individual.
    Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Or you could go for one of these that are a bit less pricey. I think they should be raised (like the Eglu Cube) for extra ease, personally, but quite a bit cheaper.
      chicubes.co.uk - homes that are loved by Chickens

Comment

i have an Eglu Cube and it is FANTASTIC, my girls love it, its easy to clean and the colours are funky. Its safe, secure and takes very little looking after.
        Linda x

Comment

Welcome to the grapevine Lindaw. I think eglus are the Marmite of chicken housing. Many people absolutely love them and others are completely against them. As long as your chickens are happy and healthy, that's the main thing.
          Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

I looked at them seriously apart form the price.

Had they been cheaper I would have considered one, however I opted for an ark, due to size and money as a stop gap.

My OH made me a new coop and to be honest I've probably now spent the same as a Eglu, but they have more space and into the price a nice big 8ft x 8ft run

As for redmite, its a myth that you dont get it, as a couple of people I have spoken to and read about on the forum have had issues with red mite even in plastic

However had it been going in my garden then I would have gone funky, but I worried that the run says 10 chickens and there is no way I'd put them all in there.

Comment

My friend London) has an eglu and says it gets humid/hot in summer so he had to build large run and extra wooden thing anyway.

Comment

I wouldn't have one, but that's coz I worked for Forsham Cottage Arks and I understand them inside out.

But...my big brother has a Eglu Cube, and he thinks its brilliant. The only downside he has experienced so far, is that when he washes out the nestybox bit, the mucky water drains out through the little holes (like its supposed to), but his ex bats think its a walk-in shower, and all stand underneath having a wail of a time!! Bleurgh!!

Comment

Where do they keep their toiletries and hang their towels Becki?
                  If a thing's worth doing, it's worth doing to excess

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X