poultry porridge?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hilary B View Post
    It is VERY cold where she is (sort out a profile girl!!!)

Yes Ma'am! <g>

Comment

Originally posted by CoraxAurata View Post

In cold weather I've started soaking their grain (a mixed portion) in hot water for an hour before feeding. All my chooks and my ducks go mad for it - my poultry is so spoilt for choice the often leave their least favorite bits of grain but not when its warm (and frankly a little slimey)....
      That seems a good idea. I notice the corn mine get late afternoon is often in the morning poo, even though they have plenty of grit.

Comment

porridge

hi,

like most on here i also give my girls porridge, i only ever make it with hot water or if time is off the essence i run the hot tap and add to the porridge in a bowl, give it a quick mix and they love it, beak loads of it at a time!!! they dont mind it quite hot although i test it first, they also like instant mash potato, which is warm. they must get their fill of layers mash though. hope this helps

Comment

Hi
          I make up porridge in the morning for me with extra for the hens so they get milk and water - I've given up the salt just for them. Sultanas or mealworms in it would tempt in the doubters and you only need one adventurous soul to get everyone interested.
          When you get new hens they've often only eaten mash or pellets so they're unsure as well but it doesn't take long before they're discovering all sorts of new things to eat. But, as the others say, with new diets, little at a time till their tummies adjust.

Today they will mostly be eating rice with sweepings from the cake tin and some sultanas, and a sprig of millet to peck at and an apple and a cabbage.
          Sue

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X