No announcement yet.

What are these?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The least clear one(standing) could be an Orloff, the white one I think is a Shamo (or Asil/Asyl)the spangled one could well be too they have very game type heads don't they?... if they are fighting birds they've possibly been abandoned for not doing it (though the 'Orloff' looks fairly beat up on his head) the damage these poor birds do to each other when fighting is shocking and brutal.
    Last edited by CoraxAurata; 04-02-2009, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Those poor birds....ditto others responses...makes you ashamed to be human!
      Well done for taking them in.....temporarily????Good Luck in getting them sorted out.x
      the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

I have copper marans (or so I was told when I bought them) and they don't look like that. Mine have 'normal' length grey legs and the cockerel when I got him was about 12 weeks and already had the beginnings of his comb.

The head shape of these 3 doesn't look right for normal hens and like someone else above said, their legs are too long - more like game birds.

Comment

Well done for trying to help them Sarflo. Any idea what's wrong with them or what they are yet? Beggars believe how some people treat animals but then, some people don't treat their children any better.

Comment

Originally posted by Apple Betty View Post
            I have copper marans (or so I was told when I bought them) and they don't look like that. Mine have 'normal' length grey legs and the cockerel when I got him was about 12 weeks and already had the beginnings of his comb.

The head shape of these 3 doesn't look right for normal hens and like someone else above said, their legs are too long - more like game birds.
            though they are very thin, so that could be the reason their legs look so long????

Comment

They really do look like game birds, though ones kept for fighting and some that are kept for showing are dubbed (have their combs and wattles removed) - nice isn't it? and whilst I can't see for sure the white one at least appears to have a neat rose (I think thats the right one) comb..

Comment

I agree - if you look at the shape of the beak on the white one, it does look quite short and slightly hooked like a game breed. The fact that dogs are regularly dumped as well I'm afraid makes it likely that people who are into coursing or even dog fighting are active in the area and cock fighting is another pursuit related with such people. I don't think the white one is a plymouth rock (comb is wrong and it has tail coverts so small comb is not a lack of maturity).

Dwell simply ~ love richly

Comment

Have they gone to the wildlife hospital now? If so, have you heard how they're doing, and if they're still with you, how are they doing?
                  My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

yes please let us know how they are doing.

and if they need a home let me know

Comment

Well, the wildlife hospital couldn't take them as they are not licensed for domestic animals-fair enough. The RSPCA came and took them to be treated but apparently they know there have been some unscrupulous people in the area (lots of missing dogs funnily enough!) and he agreed that he thought the poor things were on the losing side in a cockfight, they have taken them and I don't hold out much hope although I will find out tomorrow. I'm glad though that no matter what happens they weren't out in that awful weather and were fed and warm and cuddled almost continuously by the kids at the stables for the past few days. It did make me sad though looking at my fat happy girls this morning and thinking that all those birds wanted was some love or failing that just a bit of respect.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X