X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eggs + Microwave = A helluva MESS

I'm gonna put a lid on the cup next time I try to coddle one
    All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
    Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Originally posted by MaureenHall View Post
      Isn't there something about shaking possible fertilized ones too to stop the embryo developing?
      yup vigorous shaking breaks the fibres holding the yolk in place or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
        So they haven't affected you?
        i was a very healthy child lol .... and only started eating them about the age of 6 when my grandparents moved to wales ........ i was as normal as i am now wayyyyyyy before that

Comment

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
          Eggs + Microwave = A helluva MESS

I'm gonna put a lid on the cup next time I try to coddle one
          reminds me of the first microwave we had, .... top tip, you can't boil an egg by just putting it in it's shell in a microwave

Comment

If you are selling eggs it is all about management of the eggs I guess? We sell our eggs to the same people every week - neighbours and friends. I always ensure that they get the eggs from the usual nesting boxes that way their eggs are only a day old at worst. Sometimes I find a few eggs tucked away in a corner of the poly tunnel or paddock and then they will come in and be opened like minskey granny would open them, In the last four years I have never had anything but a perfect eggs, and I have a beautiful big Orpington servicing the flock everyday (He seems quiet relaxed about life). Cracking one egg into a cup and then adding to whatever you are cooking isn’t a bad tip to follow as if you do end up with a bad one the thing you are making wont be spoilt (granny knows best)
            Finally in these commercial free-range flocks of several thousand you can’t tell me there aren’t tens of cockerels lurking about?
            BBC News

Regards
            Pat
            Last edited by -pat m; 19-02-2009, 05:42 AM. Reason: typo
            "Did you ever walk in a room and forget why you walked in? I think that's how dogs spend their lives."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X