Chickens and Quails

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chickens and Quails

I'm setting up a chicken house and run in my garden and was wondering if it's advisable to keep chickens and quails together in the same housing? Can anyone help advise on this? Also, does anyone know of a good supplier of quails?

I wouldn't have thought Chickens and Quails together would be a good idea.

I have Bantams and have just started some Quail off in the incubator, I have a seperate area ready for the quail.

That said I keep bantams, ducks and a gander all together, so that maybe why I'm not sure about keeping the quail in the same run.
    Caroline

http://goodlifeallotment.blogspot.com

Comment

Hi Maverick, welcome to the vine. Depeds what sort of quail your after we used to have chinese painted quail in the Aviaries at home they mopped up the food that the other dropped but most quail aren't verry big compared to a chook & are very flighty where scared. You need a roof on the pen & a fairly high one at that. I think they's be better in seperate pens.

As to suppliers thereare a few places that sell them

This was recommended on another forum recently http://www.quailsfromwales.org.uk/index.html
      ntg
      Never be afraid to try something new.
      Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
      A large group of professionals built the Titanic
      ==================================================

Comment

Thanks for your advice Nick and Tensing. I was beginning to think separate pens would be the way to go; as I would be more likely to let the chooks have a roam of the garden from time to time and will be more difficult to allow the quails the same freedom.

Should I get the Quails I will probably be looking at the Italian Laying variety. I'll check out the quails in wales site. Thanks again.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X