No announcement yet.

Its up & they'r in!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Onduline WILL sag in summer (it gets less rigid when it warms up). A few times a year we survey a house with a stable block, and they ALL have Onduline roofs supported on 'purlins' (that's the ones that run across the roof staying the same level) 3ft or more apart, and it is ALWAYS sagging! It may not sag enough to be a problem on a small chook house, but there is a risk of 'droppy roof'.
    Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

I'll make sure to keep an eye on it, I have the wood to go accross so its not a big job, can't have a saggy roof!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by minskey View Post
        Hi HilaryB,
        HayleyB,
        As long as your chooks have you I'm sure they are happy & Where they are is lovely. Has the 4x4 challange been & gone?

aaaaawwww thanks Minskey...

The Mac has gone and done with the total raised this year so far is £92k bringing the running total for the last 8 runs £520,000. Every penny goes to Macmillan.
        Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

Originally posted by minskey View Post
          I'll make sure to keep an eye on it, I have the wood to go accross so its not a big job, can't have a saggy roof!!!!!!!
          Onduline will sag as soon as any weight goes on it. I've supported my chook hut roof at 18" intervals. It started to sag during the winter and then leaked at the overlap. My new hut is roofed on a frame so it won't happen. Might be easier to support it sooner rather than later. Someone I know has a log store with Onduline and it sags when the pigeons land on it! It's really good stuff otherwise - I also have it on my runs.

Comment

Hi Suechooks,
            glad onduline is a good thing even though it needs support; I didn't want to have a roofing felt covered OSB roof on the new henhouse as I'm paranoid about giving mice a cosy home which is why I have glossed the inside of the house and sealed the corners.

Comment

oh foohy!!!!
              I mean't MITES not MICE

Comment

HayleyB,

That is fantastic!!!!!!!! I try to do my 'bit' when selling in a well known internet auction site by donating then, I know every bit helps, but that is amazing.

APPLAUSE

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X