It's looking bad....:(

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lizzylemon View Post
    I just wanted to say a very big but quiet (out of respect to Mr Brown) thanks for all your best wishes and kind thoughts. They seemed to have worked as Hendrix seems to be a bit better today. Her tail is up and she walked out to get some corn (i know i know but i didn't think before it was too late) although she didn't stand for long and took her self back inside after a while.
    great to hear it lizzy, I hope she makes it . My 1st time seeing an egg bound chicken was my neighbours ex batt(was taking care of her when they was away ) ,sadly she didnt make it * The time i got to see her it was way too late and the oliveoil /hot water bath did work and she layed a rubber ball black/gray egg ...but the posion inside her had already done the damage . I can tell the signs of an egg bound hen now As you can now so hopefully faster actions can be taken next time.
    Blog

Hythe kent allotments

Comment

5 days later and she's still with us. No more eggs yet but walking, eating and normal stuff all resumed. A bit slower than the other 3 still but definitely on the mend. Her poos reek though - I mean rotten sulfur from 5 foot away stench but could be cos of the impacted crop she's just gotten over (or did I read something about broody hens and smelly poo?)

Anyway, much improved.

Comment

Glad she's improved. Broody's only come off the nest a couple of times a day to poo, so I think that's why it stinks. One of my ex-batts was off colour last year and then laid one of those smelly rubbery egg/things. Was as right as rain after.

Comment

Ooooh Lizzeylemon, that IS a relief

Comment

Glad she's on the up and up!
            Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X