No announcement yet.

winter care?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sad to say my Mum's Collie x which is ancient, still managed to put on a turn of speed and kill my hens on two occasions. When there was someone there, she seemed absolutely fine, the hens even came and ate from her food bowl. It just takes one unguarded occasion though

Dwell simply ~ love richly

Comment

Originally posted by Birdie Wife View Post
      Sad to say my Mum's Collie x which is ancient, still managed to put on a turn of speed and kill my hens on two occasions. When there was someone there, she seemed absolutely fine, the hens even came and ate from her food bowl. It just takes one unguarded occasion though
      i Agree My dog would eat me im sure if i put my head in his bowl And sadly wouldnt trust him with children too still his good with the chicks/chickens on his own But would never let my them go in the same room as his food.
      Blog

Hythe kent allotments

Comment

Hi
        I was a bit worried during that period of intense cold as two of mine persist in sleeping on the henhouse in their covered run. It was the wind and driving rain that worried me as well so I stapled up that thick clear decorators plastic on the outside of the pen, I left the front open as least likely to get rain and wind from that direction and the top peak into the roof to give air movement but it kept them dry and draft free and meant the run floor didn't get saturated by rain driving in. It cost around £15 for enough plastic and I'm going to recycle it into covers for my tomatoes and aubs this summer.
        Sue

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X