Got my 1st bite today!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lynda66 View Post
    buttercup is the only one to have bitten me and drawn blood, (which is why he became dinner and not elvis)
    Woah, you ate your chicken because it bit you? Lucky I don't have the same mentality towards my cats...

Comment

Originally posted by Crundy View Post
      Woah, you ate your chicken because it bit you? Lucky I don't have the same mentality towards my cats...
      Nope, Lynda loved her chickens (which she hatched herself) But couldn't keep a cockerel. There were three cockerels in the hatch, she re-homed 2 of them (with me) and the decision upon which two went to live with me and which one became dinner was made purely on the fact that my young grandchildren would be 'helping' care for mine. We both felt that under the circumstances the quieter two were the better option, hence Buttercup made a tasty meal.
      Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Crundy View Post
        I think there is definately more meat to had from a chicken than a cat

Comment

I didn't know buttercup was gone! Poor little buttercup!

Was he tasty though?
          I love to talk about nothing. It's the only thing I know anything about!!

Our Blog - http://chancecottage.blogspot.com/

Comment

Haven't had anything to do with full grown cockerels but I have heard they come at you feet first!
            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
              Haven't had anything to do with full grown cockerels but I have heard they come at you feet first!
              Angry momma turkeys certainly do, at eye level!
              Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

yes bephlam he was the most delicious chicken i ever tasted, my neighbour did the deed, very quickly whilst cuddling him and yes i would rather he was still alive, but unfortunately it doesn't always work like that, and i would have felt bad if he'd bitten blue moons grandson .... the other 2 were much less likely to be nasty... and snadge 2 of em never came feet first they were too busy looking in my hands to see wot grub i had for em.... i don't have any rings, but pingu likes my earrings

Comment

Total respect for you, but I'm way too much of a softie
                  I picked up and cuddled the chooks today. They are so lovely </girly>

Comment

i'm gonna raise some to eat next time ... but this time they will be in the garden sooner and not have names lol .... it wasn't an easy decision, but crowing at 5 am wasn't impressing the neighbours much .... and i could never eat my girls .... and yes i'm too soft too ... i have a rabbit that takes chunks out of me by leaping 3 foot in the air .... that i really really hate, but can't bring myself to get put down. if she made loads of noise, she'd definitely be gone by now lol

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                      Oh yes they come at you feet first and primed, I walk with a soft broom if I'm in with the boys. If they make contact they keep coming and when they bite you definately know about it. The 2 brothers had to be split up as they started fighting which was not pretty OH had to get between them and got some cuts and bites for his trouble. Once patched up Kiev found a home with a friend that breeds LS, she tells me that he is still head strong but is doing his job perfectly. As for Drumsticks I still have him for breeding and he is good at that but not friendly at all and nobody is aloud near unless he is in the run and secure.

Comment

cor- that sounds wild!!!!

Mine must be a more placid breed ( I tried to Google Cayenne chickens before I got them- and just came up with a pile of recipes!!!!!!)
                        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

thinks maybe there were advantages to having the chooks in the house for so long

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X