No announcement yet.

Environmental Enrichment

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To me Environmental enrichment means spreading compost. Who told you this? Mine have a couple of logs and that's about it, but the grass is still more or less intact for the moment and seems to provide plenty of amusement. I do let them out of the run for long periods each day though. Their current favourite game is Find the Grape. Chuck one in the long grass and they'll search for it for hours.
    Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

Just added a perch in the run for the chicks this evening. It's a four foot high roosting bar from one side of run to other, made from some balustrade. They were perched on it as I was fixing it in position so it seems to be a success!
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

I give them an apple every other day and that goes down well and they have a bale of straw for perching on, I did find that if you scatter some of their going to bed grain over this it gives them loads of work to find the grain and gives them extra interest. On warm days it seems a good place for a snooze and its a lovely picture to see them all there enjoying the warmth and nodding off.
        Sue

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
          Is it any good? I was under mine yesterday replacing a propshaft and noticed there was play in the diff!!!!!
          Nah it's been there for donkeys it's an old Rangie axle I was gonna put on a 88" coiler, never finished it (only just started ) I got ill and had a few months (year) of problems and gave up on the 'project' a mate bought the chassis. The axle is a very handy 'perch' when it gets warm (it's in shade under a wall and part of an apple tree)
          Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X