No announcement yet.

Straw Bale

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That sounds more reasonable. Will have a look round a few more farms.

Comment

Straw price ?

Around Wolverhampton the straw price ranges from 2.00 - 4.00 depending on the farm or feed shop.
      Beware of red mite though.
      They love to hide away in a big bale of straw and before you know it you have got a hen house full of the little biters !
      Seems to be a particulaly bad year for mite, I know a couple of very vigilant poultry keepers who are suffering. Fingers crossed my weekly scrubbing keeps them at bay !
      The link to my old website with vegetable garden and poultry photographs

http://www.m6jdb.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for the info - don't actually keep chickens - just found this thread while searching for prices but I don't expect strawbs will like mites either so will keep an eye out. Managed to get a couple of bales for a quid each so pretty pleased with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadylane View Post
          Thanks for the info - don't actually keep chickens - just found this thread while searching for prices but I don't expect strawbs will like mites either so will keep an eye out. Managed to get a couple of bales for a quid each so pretty pleased with that.
          No chooks! that won't last long if you read much on the Rule the Roost Threads - we are very contagious

Comment

Originally posted by Shadylane View Post
            If you need to use 2 bales of straw for something, then you've surely got room for a few chickens too Think about all the benefits you'll get if you had some - free eggs, free compost accelerator, free manure, weed-free area, the list goes on! And they're so much easier to look after than you might think. And ..................... I think you should get some
            My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

Oh gawd, Aunty Mo on a mission to convert again, when I first hit the forum I didn't have chooks.......
              Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

Originally posted by HayleyB View Post
                Oh gawd, Aunty Mo on a mission to convert again, when I first hit the forum I didn't have chooks.......
                You have a problem with that????

Comment

rumbled
                  Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

This call for its own thread - off to start it!
                    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Originally posted by MaureenHall View Post
                      If you need to use 2 bales of straw for something, then you've surely got room for a few chickens too Think about all the benefits you'll get if you had some - free eggs, free compost accelerator, free manure, weed-free area, the list goes on! And they're so much easier to look after than you might think. And ..................... I think you should get some
                      Argh no I only came in here to compare prices. I would love to get chickens actually, but a) the lottie doesn't allow livestock and b) I wouldn't want to risk their safety as we get vandals on there sometimes. Not much probs recently but in the past sheds have been broken into polytunnel slashed, that sort of thing. So no, doubt I'll be going there - sorry

Comment

What about at home? Haven't you got just a little corner (that could be stretched a bit) to keep just 3?

Comment

Ah, go on, go on, go on!
                          Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Good grief you people are persistent. Well not a huge garden at all really and I really can't see Himself going for it. He's infuriatingly anal about the garden as it is, I was trying to persuade him into getting a pond to cut down on the 90% of the worlds population of slugs that we provide a home to, but no wasn't happening. I can't see him going for chickens. Might be worth a try though

Comment

LOL Aunty Mo. Welcome Shadylane and welcome ... be careful... Aunty Mo can be rather persuasive as I aught to know!!! LOL I now have 9 Girls and Hayley has somewhere in the region of 35-41 keep losing track as keeps getting more
                              Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

thats a great idea, must try it!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X