No announcement yet.

Who else has been converted?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've wanted chooks for yonks, but didn't have the space. I used to look after my ex-neighbours' chooks when they were away and realised it wasn't difficult.

When we moved, my folks said OK no problem (probably thinking I wouldn't) and after discussing it on here, and reading all the useful info that everyone gave so freely, I took the plunge - contacted BHWT, and it's spiralled from there.

So, to get to the point, YES I blame Auntie Mo, it was her words of encouragement that was partially influential in me getting off my backside and doing it - THANKS AUNTIE MO!
    Last edited by Glutton4...; 16-06-2009, 06:26 PM.
    All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
    Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Oh 'eck!! What have I done!!! Actually I'm really proud that so many people have adopted ex-batts because of something that I've said. These girls really do deserve to have lovely keepers like us who'll let them live out the rest of their days (however long or short that might be) just "being chickens" And a little hint to my girls - please can I have just 1 egg? pretty please with a cherry on top?
      My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

Originally posted by MaureenHall View Post
        And a little hint to my girls - please can I have just 1 egg? pretty please with a cherry on top?
        If they lay you an egg with a cherry on top I want to see photos! I will be as jealous as all get out!

Jules
        Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

I had bantams before joining the Vine, but really enjoy everyone's enthusiasm about their chooks. I am eternally grateful to Maureen for teaching me chicken speak, it's funny how universal it is. Am currently waiting to see if any of the Ebay eggs hatch. Have candled the 6 eggs in the incubator and it looks as if only 2 Japanese bantams will hatch. There are 4 eggs under the broody - 2 light Sussex bantams and 2 Japanese bantams. I haven't candled them, so will just have to see what happens!
          So, the answer is that it is partly Maureen's doing and partly my daughter's as she made me buy the little incubator in case the hen gave up.

Comment

I came here just before getting my chickens for some last minute advice. Aunty Mo was great...as was others! I love it now...and am a total chicken addict!!!
            I love to talk about nothing. It's the only thing I know anything about!!

Our Blog - http://chancecottage.blogspot.com/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X