No announcement yet.

Help! Found 4 ducklings in drive

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh gawd dunno about CB and His Lordship they've got themselves attached to them.....
    Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

Originally posted by HayleyB View Post
      Oh gawd dunno about CB and His Lordship they've got themselves attached to them.....
      Just leave it up to the ducks to decide. They may reckon they are well off with you and either stay put or keep coming back. If they don't want to be tame, it would be unkind to make them stay, but if they are happy with you, there is no need to force them out.
      Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

CB check on freecycle if you still need something. even a big plastic storage tub sunk in the ground until something better turns up on freecycle. Pity, just got rid of loads of black plastic that coulda been used for a pond liner oh and it's got to be olive oil - and not the cheap stuff
        Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

Don't want to let the duckys go Ther to hilariously funny and cute etc
          If at first you don't succeed ask dad to help you

Comment

there is alot of shooting around and is a hunting hotspot they willbe likely to be shot by farmers if we let them go so we will let the males go and keep any females and build them a duck hous a run and a nice big pond and if any males fly into he duck encloser them we will let nature take its course and then wewill have more baby ducks and we will do the same again all mums idea though, by the way they have now got wing feathers any idea how old they are???

Comment

Originally posted by Chocolate Brownie View Post
              there is alot of shooting around and is a hunting hotspot they willbe likely to be shot by farmers if we let them go so we will let the males go and keep any females and build them a duck hous a run and a nice big pond and if any males fly into he duck encloser them we will let nature take its course and then wewill have more baby ducks and we will do the same again all mums idea though, by the way they have now got wing feathers any idea how old they are???
              Is there a serious duck-shooting trend in your area? Farmers in most areas shoot pigeons, crows, sometimes pheasants, but places I have known it is only the occasional individual (not necessarily a farmer) who goes out shooting ducks. I don't think they will actually go far if they are used to being fed at home. There are 'park ducks' on the stream through town here, and most of them stay around the stream, but a few go visiting the houses where they know they will be fed (one day I WILL get a picture of the drakes perched on roof ridges).
              Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Trying to keep the peace........

Anyway, they are so messy they are being cleaned out twice a day, CB decided to let them have a bath this morning for the first time and it was very very funny.......
                Attached Files
                Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

Comment

Now how cute is that Just need a little yellow plastic duck in there as well
                  My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

Yes......... shopping list - bath duck

Anyway, bathtime is now twice a day, they had a who,le sink last night and it was just hysterical watching them duck-dive and swim under water.

His Lordship is so besotted we have now allocated a third of the orchard as a duck enclosure, the old Wendy House will be Duckingham Palace and he has invited some mates over for a pond building party next weekend
                    Hayley B

Comment

we are useing the old play house as a duck house

Comment

Lucky duckies!!
                        Happy Gardening,
                        Shirley

Comment

Down the tip for an old baby bath or a belfast sink......we got one for a pound!

Comment

How are they doing? Haven't seen any piccies for a while
                            Happy Gardening,
                            Shirley

Comment

Made a 'pond' for my pekins out of logs for the sides and several layers of silage plastic for the liner. Works fine but the ducks do have quite sharp claws on those great big feet and the liner needs to be replaced as they keep slashing it. Not too bad to bale out and the 'duck soup' doesn't half speed up the compost
                              Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

We've got an old Belfast we will be putting in the pond for if the water gets low, will have to sort new pics as they've progressed to the bath for their twice daily swims. They are making different noises which is apparently normal for over a month and from what I can tell Daffy, Crispy and Aromatic are girls and Donald is a boy.
                                Hayley B

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X