Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pics of Newest Girls!

Here they are, my two new chooks!

On the left is Daisy, the Marsh Daisy and, in the middle, Morag the Scots Dumpy (although OH thinks she looks like a crow) The camera doesn't really show her beautiful irridescence. Daisy is considerably smaller than Morag, who in turn is slightly smaller than the older girls, so I'm watching them carefully, especially Daisy.

We've managed to integrate them with the older girls (on the far right, in the new 'digging' area) although we are getting the usual pecking order squabbles and I'm completely paranoid to boot now. I'm going to buy some of the anti-pecking spray today.

Jules
    Attached Files
    Last edited by julesapple; 27-06-2009, 10:09 AM.
    Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Lovely...and fab name for the scots dumpy!
    I love to talk about nothing. It's the only thing I know anything about!!

Our Blog - http://chancecottage.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Bephlam View Post
      Lovely...and fab name for the scots dumpy!
      OH suggested Susan or SuBo after Susan Boyle, but I said no, cos I like Susan Boyle.

Jules
      Jules

Comment

I love Daisy she's gorgeous. I know what you mean about Morag, our Jade and Robin both have the black but green sheen
        Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

Fantastic! Glad to hear they are getting on fine! How quickly you increased your flock too!

Do you manage to use all eggs or have you started selling to friends?

Comment

Daisy is just a stunning colour. They're both lovely looking birds. Congratulations on expanding your family!
            Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Well done for supporting the rare breeds I love Scots Dumpies, they are my favourites in the flock. I just love the way they move, it brings a smile to my face every time. I'm a sucker for that beetle sheen too. I meant to get chickens of different colours to get an interesting mix, but half of them are black now - Minorcas, Croad langshans, Scots Dumpies...

Dwell simply ~ love richly

Comment

Originally posted by Lemon View Post
                Do you manage to use all eggs or have you started selling to friends?
                Eggs? What are they...no, don't tell me, I know this one...... I haven't had any yet.

Originally posted by Birdie Wife View Post
                Well done for supporting the rare breeds I love Scots Dumpies, they are my favourites in the flock. I just love the way they move, it brings a smile to my face every time. I'm a sucker for that beetle sheen too. I meant to get chickens of different colours to get an interesting mix, but half of them are black now - Minorcas, Croad langshans, Scots Dumpies...
                Morag is so friendly too. If I get more space, I'd love a Scots Grey too.

I've noticed a lot of the Chookaholics are in Sutherland. My grandad lived in Invershin all his life until he passed away in 1978. He was the blacksmith. My Granny kept lots of chooks, but my Dad never mentioned them to us very much. Now that I've got chooks all his memories of childhood chooks & chook-keeping are coming out. It's great!

I'm up to my limit now - hen house won't fit more than 6 and the garden just isn't big enough for more than 6 to free range. I'd love more though and spend hours gazing longingly at my chook encyclopaedia's glossy pics. I even caught OH chatting up my girls this morning, so he's hooked too!

Jules
                Last edited by julesapple; 27-06-2009, 01:45 PM.
                Jules

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X