Bye bye Pip

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bye bye Pip

My little ex-batt Pippy-Long-Stocking had to go to the big chicken coop in the sky last night.
    She had been off colour for a while but pottering round and "talking" to the dogs through the fence and coming to the back door for treats and a chat.
    She was always one of the frailest though - egg peritonitis, pendulous crop, and on one occasion got her head caught between the tines of the fork as I was digging potatoes! But she always pulled through.
    She had 18 months of freedom and taught me the real meaning of gratitude as she was always so happy and trusting despite everything she'd gone through before.
    A real little character and I will miss her very much.
    RIP Pip

Sorry to read that Sue. Hugs to you and well done for giving her a taste of freedom.
    Happy Gardening,
    Shirley

Comment

Oooo i'm so sorry, as i've said before i don't have chuks, but i have pets, so i can really feel for you...18 months of freedom for an "EX-BATT HEN" absolutely fantastic, good on you and a BIG HUG XX
      Last edited by ginger ninger; 02-07-2009, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Very Sad to Hear...

I bet she loved every minute of those 18 months - even getting your head jammed in a garden fork is not something that happens to your every day battery hen! They don't get to do much chatting either....

(((((Big Hugs)))))

Jules
        Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

Big hugs love {{{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}. If there's a chicken heaven, Pip'll be telling all the others about her wonderful 18 months of freedom
          My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

{{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}
            Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

Sorry to hear that Sue!
              ((((x))))
              the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

So sorry. (((((((((((big hugs))))))))))

Comment

awww...so sorry to hear that. Sounds like she was quite a character!

Well done you for giving her the best times of her life!

Comment

Sorry to hear that Sue. Well done for what you've given her though. Sounds like she enjoyed life and that all any of us can ask.
                    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Pip was a real character as Sue says, but so are all her chooks. Of course this is all down to Sue's total devotion to all her 'ladies' - they are not hens, they are members of her family! The ex-batts have all had a wonderful time since Sue rescued them, and many continue to do so. Sue, and all of you who take the time and trouble to rescue these birds, deserve medals.
                      Gardening is a matter of your enthusiasm holding up until your back gets used to it.

Comment

Aww...that's sad....sounds like she's had a lovely last few months.

Head caught between the tines of a fork?????...bless
                        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post

Head caught between the tines of a fork?????...bless
                          Yes actually stuck there! I thought for a second I had speared her as when I pulled the fork VERY FAST out of the ground she came up with it! I pulled her out and checked she was ok and she just had a shake and carried on foraging in the spuds for worms!
                          Last edited by Suechooks; 03-07-2009, 04:46 PM.

Comment

OMG!!!!!

my first thought was...did you take a piccie...hmmm...and then realised you wouldn't have done!!..poor little thing..what a little sweetie to have trusted you after that!!!

....can you imagine the conversation in the chook house that night...." anything interesting happen to you today..nah...almost caught a bluebottle...Betty found a lovely slug under the logs over there....what about you???........"
                            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X