yellow poo?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yellow poo?

Here I go, the non-parent that always said I wouldnt take my children to the doctor at the first sign of trouble and yet, here I am asking questions, at the first sign of a slightly different colour poo to the rest....

My leghorn, white - is producing a yellow poop, which is runny? could this be that she is a little stressed from her new surroundings?

The others are formed, brownish and whitish poo lumps as I would expect from the others

ps I dont have any children, but one dog that thinks he is a child and 4 chickens that will no doubt will become children replacements!

Poos come in all shapes and sizes, don't worry, if they go off food or water that's more of an indication or general look of the hen, all fluffed up tail down is also not good, runny poos happen regularly.
    Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

I'm not a parent... but i'm a mummy to my cat.
      Yellow poo, that dosn't sound vary nice for you or your leghorn, i'm no expert, but that surely cant be good , could it be the hot weather we've been having, my cats of his food with it?? just a thought...hope things get better for you both x

Comment

Ditto what Hayley says. I'm sure there is a link somewhere to lots of photos of chicken poo. What an interesting life I have even if my memory fails me! lol

Comment

They can produce yellowish poos about one in 10 - I believe - mine don't do quite that many. It's normal. The range of normal is immense! Worry if there's blood in it or if the hen looks poorly.
          Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Some yukky pictures, but it might put your mind at rest 4. Poo - The Chicken Keeper's Guide - Allotment and Vegetable Gardening
            My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

Originally posted by MaureenHall View Post
              Some yukky pictures, but it might put your mind at rest 4. Poo - The Chicken Keeper's Guide - Allotment and Vegetable Gardening
              Brilliant link Maureen. Thanks

Comment

this is a very useful link, looks normal, I will use this as a reference, and go for the normal looking......

I will keep an eye out but she is eating okay, perhaps a little nervous, but always re-appears once you have moved away

Comment

Yellow pooh! What a subject. It's normally a sign of too much green stuff. When you say yellow, do you mean a caramac colour? Sorry to Nestle` who make caramac.
                  Mine do this pooh when I've over indulged them in greens and corn on the cob. Shocking!
                  Don't worry, I'm sure they're just fine.

Comment

I've heard that, as Flummery says, an average of 1 in 10 poos are yellow and runny and even a bit frothy from time to time.
                    Last edited by bluemoon; 07-07-2009, 02:17 PM.
                    Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

Thanks for all the advice, there seem to be less yellow Poo there today, I would assume as they have come from the farm ,they have only been fed layers pellets

I couldnt imagine he would feed them greens.

But I will keep an eye out

Comment

Well I've got kids and grandkids and dogs and chickens, and I know which I worry most about. Kids can tell you when they've a tummy ache, even dogs are good at communicating illness, but chickens..... it's a whole new language to learn.
                        Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

Yep, and now I've gotta learn duckology
                          Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X