who's got the oldest chook????

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who's got the oldest chook????

OK- clearly not me...2 one year olds are the oldest in my group!
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Me neither my first lot aren't 2 until next month at the earliest
    Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

I have a 7 year old bantam.

Comment

all under 2 here....
        I love to talk about nothing. It's the only thing I know anything about!!

Our Blog - http://chancecottage.blogspot.com/

Comment

i have an ex-battery hen that has been with us for what seems ages. This will be her seventh summer with us....... not sure how old she was when we had her, she just arrived in a box on our doorstep with a note saying that she had been found straying in the road and that they thought she would be best homed with us rather than back at the battery farm.
          My Blog
          http://blog.goodlifepress.co.uk/mikerutland

Comment

Oh that's lovely All mine are well under 2 years old. The ex-batts were only rescued 2 months and 1 month ago, the Wellies are just over 3 months and the Bluebelles are around 5 months - which reminds me!! They should be starting to lay any time soon

By the way, welcome to chookaholics anonymous Mike
            My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

Not got any chooks now, but I did have one for 10 years, acquired as POL. She was one of the first 6 POL black rocks I got over 30 years ago! I think the longest lived of her sisters managed 7, and as we lost them we acquired others, so she was never an 'only chook', but always boss!
              Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Maureen - thanks for the welcome - also thanks for the chard!!! i can now officially say that it has grown so much that the kids are now fed up of chard!!!
                My Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Bramble-Poultry View Post
                  i have an ex-battery hen that has been with us for what seems ages. This will be her seventh summer with us....... not sure how old she was when we had her, she just arrived in a box on our doorstep with a note saying that she had been found straying in the road and that they thought she would be best homed with us rather than back at the battery farm.
                  Just out of interest if and when did she stop laying?

Heart warming story btw!
                  My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                  to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

I'll let you know when she stops!!!

She still lays about 2 a week for us - they are the biggest, nobbly, crinkley eggs you will ever see, but she still going bless her heart.

AND shes still top hen in the pecking order, the only one who dares to challenge her is "atilla-the-hen" she never wins though - especially where worms or cabbage is concerned.
                    My Blog

Comment

I'll let you know when she stops!!!

She still lays about 2 a week for us - they are the biggest, nobbly, crinkley eggs you will ever see, but she still going bless her heart.

AND shes still top hen in the pecking order, the only one who dares to challenge her is "atilla-the-hen" she never wins though - especially where worms or cabbage is concerned.
                      Brill!!!!!
                      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

My oldest are about 10 months.
                        Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

they are the biggest, nobbly, crinkley eggs you will ever see, but she still going bless her heart.

Any funny piccies of the eggs????

Good gal!
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

i did post one on the home farmer forum a while back, it was over 7.5cm long and weighed 3.5 ounces! she must have walked like John Wayne after that one!

when i get home i will see if i can take a picture of one if she has laid today
                            My Blog

Comment

i did post one on the home farmer forum a while back, it was over 7.5cm long and weighed 3.5 ounces! she must have walked like John Wayne after that one!

when i get home i will see if i can take a picture of one if she has laid today
                              A bit like these then? I did post these photos in January when they were laid. 1st one with the ruler is about 7.5cm and weighed 102g, second one 8.5cm and weighed 107g!!! Both were from Lavender, my beautiful Amber Star ex-batt who got killed by the fox
                              Attached Files
                              My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X