No announcement yet.

what do you use to collect your eggs???

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We were brought a lovely bucket as a gift - its an enamel one with "eggs" written on the side so we use that.

we also have a wicker basker with a handle that my daughter decorated up, she uses that when collecting the eggs.

But just use anything that works!
    My Blog
    http://blog.goodlifepress.co.uk/mikerutland

Comment

I did go out and buy a little basket, but often forget to take it with me. I bring eggs back in seed trays, plant pots, my t-shirt (hold the bottom to make a cradle stylee) coat pocket (that wasn't such a good idea when I banged coat against gate and had smashed egg in my pocket) or random plastic tubs.
      Kirsty b xx

Comment

I either just hold them or if too much do the pocket trick... however one Sunday was in a rush to get DD to a birthday party and forgot to remove the egg in the pocket, realised at the party, didn't break it until I picked up a table at the end when stayed to help clear up after..lol
        Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

My OH likes to collect the eggs but then leaves them anywhere for me to date and put away. We don't get enough to need a special container.

Comment

Originally posted by HayleyB View Post
            I use old tattered recycled egg boxes
            Me too.....likewise!

Got an order for 18 eggs for Friday! Someone is going on a caravan holiday and is addicted to my eggs!
            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

DH came in the kitchen with 5 eggs in a childrens fishing net yesterday...

Comment

well done Snadger - but its the thin end of the wedge. first its a dozen here and a dozen there, then you get regular orders then you end up buying in more chickens to keep up with the orders, then more people want your eggs............... slippery slope
                My Blog
                http://blog.goodlifepress.co.uk/mikerutland

Comment

Originally posted by Bramble-Poultry View Post
                  well done Snadger - but its the thin end of the wedge. first its a dozen here and a dozen there, then you get regular orders then you end up buying in more chickens to keep up with the orders, then more people want your eggs............... slippery slope
                  The annoying thing is.........to give him his 18 eggs I've had to fob off my regular customers.
                  Anyway, back to normal on Saturday!

I wonder if this is where the term "Don't put all your eggs in one basket" comes from?

I could quite easily sell twice as many eggs as I have availabe but to be honest, it's not why I keep chooks, so I have gritted the slippery slope!
                  My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                  to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

mine get a pan of pellets at locking up time and as my girls lay during the day i just put the eggs in the empty pan! transfered to egg boxes for the walk home..

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X