White Star Hybrids

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flummery View Post
    Till someone breeds a chicken that lays purple eggs. Then you're going to HAVE to have one of those aren't you?
    Well............funny you should say that Flummery................they say that 'Bluebelles' lay egg with a 'plum' blush?

Maybe that's complete the flock - seeing as Timmyalex has an odd number of hens.......you know you'd have to even out numbers!

Comment

Originally posted by Lemon View Post
      Well............funny you should say that Flummery................they say that 'Bluebelles' lay egg with a 'plum' blush?

Maybe that's complete the flock - seeing as Timmyalex has an odd number of hens.......you know you'd have to even out numbers!
      I've got one that lays Olive green eggs - only 17 weeks so not got there yet.

Comment

Come on, plum blush is just a pinky shade of brown. I'm talking African Violet here!
        Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Come on, plum blush is just a pinky shade of brown. I'm talking African Violet here!
          Oh! I had no idea that is what they meant by 'Plum Blush' - I thought it'd be a warm pinkyish shade? Not the vibrant African Violet of course! Hey - are you addicted to the colour purple?!?!? Purple peas and the wotnot in your garden? You'll have 'created' a purple tomato next!

Comment

Hello, we have 2 white Sussex which are a leghorn cross and they are a little spirrited while young but are beautiful. They grow quickly and are huge birds, very inquisitive and can jump high so watch out for low fencing if it guards your veg and blooms
            They look like ballet dancers, thats why one of my cherubs is called Margot! after Margot Fonteyne I'm told excellent layers and can lay brilliant white eggs, when I sort my broody blackrock out Enjoy them when you get them, good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Lemon View Post
              Oh! I had no idea that is what they meant by 'Plum Blush' - I thought it'd be a warm pinkyish shade? Not the vibrant African Violet of course! Hey - are you addicted to the colour purple?!?!? Purple peas and the wotnot in your garden? You'll have 'created' a purple tomato next!
              I believe there IS a purple tomato. I really don't fancy eating something on my salad that looks like a bruise though!
              Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

I believe there IS a purple tomato. I really don't fancy eating something on my salad that looks like a bruise though!
                I've got 'Black Prince' tomatoes...they're not ripe yet but are supposed to be purply-red stripey looking thingies.

Jules

PS All this talk of different breeds makes one hanker after more *deep sigh* no can do.
                Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

And there's purple carrots and beans!

Comment

Originally posted by timmyalex View Post
                    Afternoon all,

Picking up a couple of POL White Star chickens tomorrow to complete our flock. Does anybody have these birds and if so what are they like to keep. Friendly ? Skitty ? etc etc
                    I have one of these - only caught her once for a cuddle in 16 months! She's skittish and FAST lol.

Lays lovely big white eggs though, over 70 g each time

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X