No announcement yet.

RIP? How do you know when it's time?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saying goodbye to an animal you have loved is very very difficult. I have had to make "decisions" with horses, chickens and cats over the years - a particularly hard one was a 17 year old cat I had put to sleep in March of this year. I cried the whole weekend, but he is now buried beneath an old oak tree in one of our paddocks. I know he had a happy life and all of us that have loved and cared for our animals have to be content with that knowledge.

Comment

OMG Bramble!!!!!!! You've made me cry now!!!! That's such a lovely way of thinking about losing our pets. Thank you for that
      My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

And over here! And my big lovely soft-hearted bloke who's never had animals before we got the girls, so has never lost one before either

Bramble that's really, really lovely, thank you xx
        http://www.justgiving.com/Vicky-Berr...-Marathon-2010

Comment

I've read rainbow bridge so many times before but it always makes me cry ..... I've never seen the bit about taking other animals with you though, the ones who have no person to care about them. That's lovely.

Off now to give my chooks a cuddle and some mealworms before taking the dogs out. And counting my blessings that I have my lovely companions!

Comment

Will you lot stop making me cry!

All i've read today is heart breaking stories, and i'm a complete wreck now.
            But have to agree that Brambles post is enlightening, but still made me cry.

Comment

So sorry to hear what's been going on.( Just back from hols) Horrible decision to have to make. How's things now and how are you?xx
              Gardening forever- housework whenever

Comment

Yes, I've been following this sad tale too - crying with you all - and have been checking replies every day but hadn't dared to ask -

Comment

Sorry for not replying sooner, but we've just got back from a week in France. Left our three remaining girls in the hands of friends who knew not a lot about chook-keeping but were keen, with the neighbour next door who has loads of her own on standby in case of panic.

I can't believe how much we missed them, we found a few free-range girls when we were out there, slammed the breaks on the car and walked over to say hello. Daren't think what the French farmer would have thought of the mad Anglaises if he'd seen us!

The ferry home arrived in Portsmouth at 6.30 on Friday evening, we were first off, hoofed it up the M3, ground to a halt on the M25 (welcome home.....) and just got home in time to say goodnight before the pop-hole closed. I can't describe how glad I was to find everyone okay

This was taken yesterday, we missed them stupidly whilst we were away. Am I mad to think they missed us too? They bellowed their heads off all yesterday and today, only shut up when we went out there armed with edam laced with poultry spice. Looks like the pecking order has been firmly re-established, hello from number 5 in the family.
                  Attached Files
                  http://www.justgiving.com/Vicky-Berr...-Marathon-2010

Comment

Aah! Lovely pic. Glad you are all OK and had a good break. It's mad isn't it, how attached you get and worry that they will be OK when you're not there. I'm sure they missed you and sounds like they'll be really pleased to see you with treats like that!!
                    Gardening forever- housework whenever

Comment

We're off next week just for a 2 day break - sister on chicken duty. I must try not to keep sending her text messages asking how they are! We're trying to work up to a week!
                      Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Only just read this thread, sorry for your loss Hashette its very hard when you have to make the decision.

Bramble, you made me cry buckets! Lovely story, am going to show OH I know it will make him weepy too...

Comment

Hashette,
                          we've had a loss recently too, and I can understand how you must feel....It must've been especially hard to leave your darling chickens behind too......I'm glad you had a nice time away and all is well in the chicken house

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X