Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Its a girl! or a boy! well its white and fluffy!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its a girl! or a boy! well its white and fluffy!

Our bantam hen and cockerel kindly produced 12 eggs, she sat hard, then something took 11 of them

Anyway, just been to feed them and no egg.... heard a chick but couldnt see it anywhere, after a bit of desperate searching there is was blending in with the straw, cute or what .....

Spitting image of Mum, dad looks a bit confused!

Bless

Aww...well one is better than none!!!

Piccies?????
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

awwwwwwwwwww at least they've got 1 baby to show for (Mum's) hard work
      My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

Mum ran out of the nest box for layers pellets like her life depended on it! Thank god for that, now I can eat!!!

Comment

That's brilliant...Can we have a photo.. then we can all see your new baby chick. It's so nice to hear some good news about chooks for a change, there's been so much sadness on the vine , once again that's lovely news

Comment

If it lives, it will need a name, I think you grapes should name it. Obviously very special as the only one. Dad is called Schumaker, Mum is called Little Chicken, ok dull and wrong as she is a bantam, but non the less thats her name. Mum is white with black flecks, dad is a welsummer beautiful irridescant sort of gorgeous looking guy. Open to suggestions, must be gender neutral and a prize of half a dozen eggs to the winner! well as long as you live within 20 miles of Nettlebed that is...... At the moment its "straw" as I couldnt see it, or "confused" coz his Dad is! surely you highly intelligent types can come up with something better?

Comment

My camera is at work but tomorrow I will introduce you to mum, dad and "it" Mum was hatched by our gardener 2 years ago. When we first got her, aged 3 hours, she wouldnt sleep at night without company. Ended up sleeping with her for weeks, just to get a decent nights sleep! How many people admit to sleeping with chickens!!!!! Bantams make you crazy, but crazy is good!!! Our two german shepherds are terrified of her, she has got major attitude, and now we have the next generation crazy bantam

Comment

He/she/it could be called Grape, cos it's the littlest newest Grape on the Vine
                My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

Originally posted by MaureenHall View Post
                  He/she/it could be called Grape, cos it's the littlest newest Grape on the Vine
                  What a brilliant idea Maureenhall....a little fluffy grape...rrrrrrrrrrrrr

Comment

Awwwwww, can't wait till I can have chicks, just waiting for a broody. Funny how they don't go broody when you want them to.
                    Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

Well here they are, Grape and his mum and dad

Little b~~~~~ wont go back in the coup now, so I am chasing him/her round trying to get it back in! Definately a fighter, still alive and very vocal
                      Attached Files

Comment

Awww...how cute is that, with it's little feathery legs!

If it's a boy, call it Linford (Christie).....or Kelly (Holmes) if it's a girl. Good runners, both.

Jules
                        Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

fluffy feet!!!

what a little sweetie!!!
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Its a few days on now...Question....Hows the little guy doing?????????????

Comment

Funny you should say "guy" we have started to call it "Him" too. He is vocal, fast and had his first meal courtesy of a very patient mum who spent hours showing him how to eat. Havent seen him drink yet though. Desperately trying not to get attached just in case. Dad (Schumaker) is very, very submissive and looks totally over-awed at his first child! Mum is very protective even towards me and I hand raised her! Carpet wacker coming in handy at bed time to protect me from her! and bordering on suffering from OCD!(her not me!) OH has got all sloppy and sneaks out for a little peak every now and then. "Cant stand chickens you understand, its a girl thing."

Anyway Day 3 is over, and FREDDIE GRAPE is tucked up in bed with mum (and dad) for the night in the coup. OH and 2 german shepperds are standing around aimlessly just "checkin" the coup, or the boundaries, or something, and I am in the office talkin to you guys!

If the little blighter cans it there will be alot of sad souls around here trying desperately not to give a damn!

Funny isnt it, how a dopey little bantam re-focuses you on what is great in life.

With that and yesterdays afganistan funeral cortege of 8 dead soldiers I am feelin a little humble just now.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X