fertalised eggs & vaccinations

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fertalised eggs & vaccinations

This batch of girls are all realatively new to us and still very young but I'm trying to think ahead. When one of the girls goes broody and If i wanted to hatch fertalised eggs how easy is it to get hold of the eggs and how much would a good price be per egg.?

I would also like to have the chicks fully vaccinated anybody know how much this costs.?

Eggs are very easy to get hold of, you can get them from you local poultry market (if you have one), from online auction sites such as ebay or bid4poultry or from an online poultry provider.

Most poultry providers charge £1 - £1.50 an egg + postage and this is pretty average, however you can pay more on auction sites and of course this does depend on what type of birds you are after some of the rarer or more popular breeds can fetch a lot of mony - I have seen 6 egss go for over £200

As for vaccination - depends on your vet, its an individual thing, best give them a quick call and check
    My Blog
    http://blog.goodlifepress.co.uk/mikerutland

Comment

thank you very interesting

Comment

There are lots of online poultry egg sellers, just do a google search for whatever breed you're looking for plus "hatching eggs". It would be useful to register on the Practical Poultry forum too, they have a hatching egg sales section which has ads submitted by the forum members, and you're more likely to get what you pay for there as the feedback has more influence!!

Dwell simply ~ love richly

Comment

Practical Poultry (the mag, not its forum) has a large breeders' directory at the back. These are organised by area, but that matters less if you're just wanting eggs by post and you can look in all regions.
          Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X