Chook killer!!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chook killer!!!

Rather disturbed than word has got around at the allotments about my cockerel culling activities.
    I seem to be getting a reputation as a chook killer!
    Got word that an allotment colleague was looking for me.............when asked why was told "To ask you to neck his poorly chicken"

Killed two chickens in my life and now I'm the Wyat Earp of the allotments!
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Best get yourself a poncho, a black hat and some cheroots!
    I was feeling part of the scenery
    I walked right out of the machinery
    My heart going boom boom boom
    "Hey" he said "Grab your things
    I've come to take you home."

Comment

The phantom cockerel killer of old Newcastle town.

Lol you have cheered me up - Wyat Earp!!!
      My Blog
      http://blog.goodlifepress.co.uk/mikerutland

Comment

Blimey, your getting a bit of a reputation there Snadge!!!
        Kirsty b xx

Comment

Tell him to kill his own Snadger, or pay the veterinary to do it for him.
          Or do you want to be Wyatt Earp.
          If not, then let your neighbour pay for the vet or buy in the supermarket. That way you pay somebody else to do the job for you.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

you should charge them and make a killing!!!!! sorry snadger i couldnt resist it

Comment

It depends on how you feel about having the title. Are you pleased/proud/chuffed? Or are you embarrassed/shy/whatever about it? It's good to have someone around handy who could do the deed in an emergency, but to do it for all and sundry ...................... ? Maybe charge them a bird for the table
              My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

Originally posted by MaureenHall View Post
                It depends on how you feel about having the title. Are you pleased/proud/chuffed? Or are you embarrassed/shy/whatever about it? It's good to have someone around handy who could do the deed in an emergency, but to do it for all and sundry ...................... ? Maybe charge them a bird for the table
                Chook keeping seems to come easy to me. Even though I have only had chooks for a relatively short time I am often referred to as the 'Chicken man' at the allotments. My birds seem to prosper and the egg laying has been phenominal. I am proud if people think I am a good knowledeable chook keeper. I am also proud if they think I am a good knowledgeable gardener. Killing and preparing poultry is only one necessary aspect of chook keeping but it's not a thing I would like to do as a daily job.
                Having said this, if I think a bird is suffering and the keeper can't bring himself to put it out of it's misery, I would naturally step in.
                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by Seahorse View Post

Don't forget the mule!

Jules
                  Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                    Chook keeping seems to come easy to me. Even though I have only had chooks for a relatively short time I am often referred to as the 'Chicken man' at the allotments. My birds seem to prosper and the egg laying has been phenominal. I am proud if people think I am a good knowledeable chook keeper. I am also proud if they think I am a good knowledgeable gardener. Killing and preparing poultry is only one necessary aspect of chook keeping but it's not a thing I would like to do as a daily job.
                    Having said this, if I think a bird is suffering and the keeper can't bring himself to put it out of it's misery, I would naturally step in.
                    If your neighbours know you can make a clean job of it, and they feel unsure of being as efficient, it isn't surprising if they ask, but I think you should make it clear that it is a task you do not undertake lightly. If they want to be generous with the tea......
                    Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Why not phone the local vet and find out what they charge. Then charge them the same??.
                      The bird would be less stressed being culled on the lottie for humane purposes.
                      Any money you gather could go into your 'chook kitty'

I gave my friend one of the 2 cocks she killed for me..and she was very pleased...fair trade I'd say. There's a thought for you.
                      Alternatively you could show them how to do it a couple of times- and then it's up to them.
                      Last edited by Nicos; 17-07-2009, 12:21 PM.
                      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by Seahorse View Post
                        The poncho and hat would be handy with the weather we're having today..............rain would put the cheroot out though so it would look uncool and bad for my street cred!

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Noooo Snadger! Think outside the box Once the cheroot has gone out, you can swallow it whole and look 'arder than ever
                          I was feeling part of the scenery
                          I walked right out of the machinery
                          My heart going boom boom boom
                          "Hey" he said "Grab your things
                          I've come to take you home."

Comment

You need to be careful about who you get a reputation with for killing birds, in the August magazine there is an arcticle about turkeys and one part is about despatching them, with reference to EU regs, which I would assume would also be relevant to chickens as well.

"No person should engage in the slaughter of their turkey unless they have the knowledge and skill necessary to perform the tasks humanely and efficently and in accordance with European regulations. Remember, as the owner of the turkey, even though you are killing it for your own consumption, you are responsible for it's welfare throughout the slaughter process."

If you are doing this for a third party, then you are providing a service and you may find you are in need of a licence to slaughter.
                            I am certain that the day my boat comes in, I'll be at the airport.

Comment

Originally posted by Stacey Steve View Post
                              You need to be careful about who you get a reputation with for killing birds, in the August magazine there is an arcticle about turkeys and one part is about despatching them, with reference to EU regs, which I would assume would also be relevant to chickens as well.

"No person should engage in the slaughter of their turkey unless they have the knowledge and skill necessary to perform the tasks humanely and efficently and in accordance with European regulations. Remember, as the owner of the turkey, even though you are killing it for your own consumption, you are responsible for it's welfare throughout the slaughter process."

If you are doing this for a third party, then you are providing a service and you may find you are in need of a licence to slaughter.
                              I would think only if you charge, rather than doing it as a favour. Snadger obviously has the skill, and... turkeys are rather harder to kill than chooks....
                              Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X