Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unexpected eggs from my Light Sussex......

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unexpected eggs from my Light Sussex......

I hatched some LS among others 18 weeks ago. I wasn't expecting the hen to start laying yet but there was 3 perfectly formed small eggs in the nestbox today!!! (shows I wasn't expecting them as i haven't looked in the nestbox for three days!)

This, I think, has given me more pleasure than my first ever egg as this is from a bird I hatched from an egg! AND they were layed in the proper place.........the nestbox of the coop I just built for her and my Dorking!
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Sweet success! Well done to both of you!

Comment

Aww well done Snadger, lovely to hear she's obviously happy.
      My Blog
      http://blog.goodlifepress.co.uk/mikerutland

Comment

Ooh, well done. I'm inspired to look in my 21 week old Rhodies' nest box and see if there's anything other than golf-balls.
        Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
          This, I think, has given me more pleasure than my first ever egg as this is from a bird I hatched from an egg!::
          Soooooooooooooooooooo,

Did the chicken or the egg come first or was there a Roman involved........

*collects coat on way out
          Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

I can just imagine how chuffed you are Snadger I would be too. Got ages yet to wait for my Wellies to start laying
            My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

Great news Snadger. I'm still waiting for my Wellies to hatch never mind lay!

Comment

So you're a grandpa now then!!!
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                  So you're a grandpa now then!!!
                  Yep...sure am!!!And a full one at that, cos I've just eaten her first three eggs in a prawn omelette!

I was eager to make sure they had yolks in them because I've had small eggs off my ISA browns without yolks.

Pleased to say they all had yolks and were similar to banty eggs!
                  My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                  to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Well done that chicken - and congratulations to our Chicken Grandad!
                    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

oh well done snadger!

I have a light sussex too, around 18 weeks old & was not expecting any eggs untill 20-22 weeks. Funnily there was a beautiful cream egg laid much later than the others, is it possible...............................?

Comment

A cream egg? Hmmm... droool!
                        Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Found Walnut Whips, didn't think they made them anymore. I'm sure i bought a pack of three, they sem to have gone missing

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X