So far so good .........

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So far so good .........

Collected 4 new girls today, 2 Bluebells and 2 Light Sussex. Put them in the dog crate inside the big run and apart from my cockerel constantly running round the outside of the crate showing off everything was peaceful.

After about 3 hours I couldn't stand seeing them behind bars any longer and opened the door ...... and apart from loud squawking every time he tried to mount one of the newbies all was well.

1 LS took herself into the house at bedtime but I had to physically put the other 3 in. We shall see what the morning brings!

Oh, well done. Hope everything works out well.
    Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

Oh dear, your boy is so gonna love you
      Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

i can hear it now, the cockerel strutting around the coop...... have you noticed that his crowing has changed? its not so much a military revele for getting up - more a Barry White - "i'm in the mood for love" kind of song??
        My Blog
        http://blog.goodlifepress.co.uk/mikerutland

Comment

Update

Day 2 - they all took themselves to bed before it got dark.

Day 3 - 1LS has settled herself into one of the nest boxes and the other one is on the perch above, however have had to manually put the 2 bluebelles to bed again.

One of my older girls does chase them off the food but I've put in another feeder and she can't manage to protect both!
          Attached Files

Comment

Lovely looking chooks Apple Betty!
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Isn't it nice when they put themselves to bed. You feel quite proud!
              Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X