Flubenvet, where do you get yours?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flubenvet, where do you get yours?

I'm just about to order some Flubenvet on line, £12.50 for 60g. Is that good or expensive. I have 14 chooks so don't think that will be enough for a weeks treatment as per details on the site I was on, also, yes sorry yet another question; some sites say there is no egg withdrawel, some say 7 days, I'm now very confused

I bought mine online from Pet Dispensary last year. It's a 250g tub and sorry, I can't remember how much it was. For 14 chooks, 60g will probably work out at about 2 years treatment! The ratio is 12g per 10kg of feed. 10kg of feed is more than enough to feed my 22 big chooks for a week. I usually weigh out how much I feed the chooks in a day, multiply that by 7 (to give a weeks total) and then add the right amount of Flubenvet to that (kept in a separate container or bag). Feed only that for a week. When they've eaten their "ration" for the day, that's when I give them any extras, including cabbage, corn etc. There's no egg withdrawal period with this medication
    My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

got mine from countrywide stores. cant remember the price, but there is definately no egg withdrawal.

the 60g tub is enough to mix into a whole sack of layers pellets - 25kg - (perhaps my one is wekaer than yours maureen? Perhaps teh 250gm box is industrial strength!!!!)and then feed that for a week. Mix it well however, otherwise it separates in the feed bin and the birds dont get the full dose
      My Blog
      http://blog.goodlifepress.co.uk/mikerutland

Comment

I got the smaller tub (60g) from Pet dispensary (or might have been Vetscriptions) and its enough for years!It was about £15 With a smaller number of hens you can dose each hen individually for 7 days. If you go on the Omlet website they tell you to give as much as fits on the tip of a sharp knife per hen per day. I gave it on soaked bread as it sticks well. Have also given it via the pellets too but never sure they get enough that way. It's the only way way with bigger numbers or flighty birds though!

Comment

The 250 g tub is the same strength as the 60 g tub. But yes it lasts for ages. And yes as others have said, no egg withdrawal, although there a meat withdrawal time. Without running out to read the tub I'm pretty sure it is a week from end of treatment, ie if you have wormed a bird and then find you want/need to kill it, you would not be able to eat the meat until at least 7 days after the last dose of the medication.

Comment

Just re-read my last post - what I meant was the bird would have to stay alive for 7 days after last dose so medication had time to leave the system, not kill and then eat after 7 days! Sorry!

Comment

Morning peeps

Many thanks for that, it all makes sense now.

The moral of the story is ; don't shop on the net when tired, brain fries!!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X