Pooo!!! What a pong!!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pooo!!! What a pong!!!

With all the horrible wet weather lately and the runs becoming like quagmires, today has been nice and warm and dry and all the puddles have gone now. But what a pong!!!! Even though I rake over the runs regularly and poo pick, the stink was awful. I've just spent a good couple of hours digging over the Wellies and Bluebelles run and I'll attack the other one tomorrow (or on Monday!)

I did notice that when I dig any part of the ex-batts run, they're all there "helping", pinching the worms that I turn up. The Bluebelles and Welsummers are as thick as 2 short planks! They all huddled together in a corner, wouldn't look at the worms for ages, till one of the Bluebelle girls found that they were quite tasty after all
    My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Thats exactly the same "chore" that Mikes been doing today, hes dug out every run, some of them were very smelly and slimey, from where we flooded earlier in the week.

It doesn't seem to matter what substrate, the ones on the gravel were just as bad as the ones on the grass (not that theres any grass anymore!) The houses were muddy too where they have trapsed it in - even the ex-batt run which was cleaned out on Thursday was sodden and muddy again - its all the rain!!!
    My Blog
    http://blog.goodlifepress.co.uk/mikerutland

Comment

I just put a peg on my nose and chuck in a pallet for them to stand on!
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

That's an option Snadger, but I'm worried the neighbours will smell it and complain!! They've all been very good and not grumbled about Basil crowing at 5am, but a strong pong might just flip them
        My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

OH is stripping the 'pigsty' as we speak(!!!!)...thorough spring clean before the bad weather/winter() sets in
          I'm really chuffed as there's no sign of red mite anywhere!!!! (yet)

fortunately we've no run to dig over!!
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X